+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weapon ego rating: Does the bonus really get better with higher rating?

So my question is pretty much in the title. I read something saying weapon get better bonus with higher ego value but that comment was not accompanied by any numbers. I would like a clear confirmation that someone saw a higher value bonus on a leveled weapon.

Let's say at ego 100 you get +2% critical damage (if that ever exist) and then at ego 1000 earning that same bonus on a weapon would be now like 5% critical damage. I'd like to know if it is the case.

Thank you much

where did you read that, Never saw anything like this,
    EGO rating dose nothing, only gives you more perks,
    Only thing that adds up %2 crit dmg is the weapon skill level,
    that you level up when you kill ****.

Each weapon has a XP limit, after its maxed you need to switch weapon to continue getting weapon skill XP

Weapons do get better at higher ego. Where as at low they have two bonus's for instance, higher, unknown exact number mind you. They get three. I saw this difference in the Faction SAW I bought at 500 ego. I checked again when the SAW's are now 1750 ego and they have a additional bonus.

"Decisions are left to those that are willing to be lost in thought."

Yeah I know the deal about leveling up the skill. I guess that what I read but cannot remember where, must have been assumed by the poster rather than researched. Hopefully they will someday find a way to give a value to that ego on the weapons.

Though slightly better better bonus would not be a bad idea either, it would not ruin the balancing so much I suppose.

Edit:
    I'll keep an eye on what you said KashraFall, I was writing this post while you were answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Moryseth View Post
    Yeah I know the deal about leveling up the skill. I guess that what I read but cannot remember where, must have been assumed by the poster rather than researched. Hopefully they will someday find a way to give a value to that ego on the weapons.

Though slightly better better bonus would not be a bad idea either, it would not ruin the balancing so much I suppose.

Edit:
    I'll keep an eye on what you said KashraFall, I was writing this post while you were answering.
    Will post pics for evidence if ya like, gimme a sec.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Decisions are left to those that are willing to be lost in thought."

Much appreciated, so in the end it's extra stats that are already available when bought/received, I'm down with it.

I noticed the benefits becoming much better when I hit 1500. Is there any known number to which ego levels the benefits begin to increase, if at all, incrementally? (Periodically? Forgot the name, frick!)

Quote Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
    I noticed the benefits becoming much better when I hit 1500. Is there any known number to which ego levels the benefits begin to increase, if at all, incrementally? (Periodically? Forgot the name, frick!)
    Its increases by step, and i noticed it at ago 1650 in vendor shops. All weapons sold with only 1 opened slot and items may have 1 additional bonus. My guess another "upgrade" step should be at 3300 rating.

EGO 100: Weapons usually have one mod slot
    EGO 1250: Weapons come with all four mod slots and one bonus perk
    EGO 1600: Weapons come with no mod slots and two bonus perks
    EGO 2000: Weapons come with one mod slot, two perks, and often come with Synergies
    EGO 2450 (Current level): Weapons have two mod slots, two perks, lots of synergies, no nano effect

To the best of my knowledge anyway. I just remember after 1250 weapons no longer came with all four mod slots which really really sucked. And right now absolutely nothing is coming with Nano effects. The two bonus perks mostly apply to Blue and Purples. Whites and Greens rarely get the two bonus perks bonus.

Side note: Higher EGO rating is almost a negative thing in this game. At EGO 2500 there's very few people you can trade with (they can't use your high EGO weapons), guns cost a ludicrous amount of salvage to upgrade (140,000 salvage to add three mod slots?!), and vendor guns with 0 mod slots and no nano effect? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by KashraFall View Post
    Weapons do get better at higher ego. Where as at low they have two bonus's for instance, higher, unknown exact number mind you. They get three. I saw this difference in the Faction SAW I bought at 500 ego. I checked again when the SAW's are now 1750 ego and they have a additional bonus.
    ok here is my question do the weapons actually get better with ego, im confused and kind of pissed off because I am a pitiful 500 ego rating and I play co-op map "island of lost soldiers" with 2000 ego players and we cant manage to kill a monarch in under 2 minutes and at the end of the game I am always ranked 1st with doing over 150000 more damage than the other players with 1500 more ego than me and probably 6 more perks. I hope that when I am at ego 2000 I will have a saw that does more than 500 damage...