+ Reply to Thread

Weapon XP Questions

So, I've recently been wondering a few things about weapon damage and XP, and would love it if somebody could enlighten me on these things--

1. When I deal damage with a nano effect does that count as weapon damage, or is that lost damage?

2. Do Infector bugs count as weapon damage, therefore, weapon XP, or is it like the above?

3. I see people constantly complaining about shotguns in general, yet nobody points to a single shotgun model.. Which one is this all-powerful god-maker? I just got done grinding out my 5k combat shotty kills, it was a pain!

4. Are Rocket Launchers really as bad as I feel they are?

Hope somebody can answer some, or all of these questions, especially the first two
    Thanks, and have a good night ^_^

1 + 2: I'll put it as simple as I can, if a weapon deals damage, you gain weapon XP. Same is true for healing with a BMG.

3: I use combat shotguns mostly, I find cluster shots own in lots of areas providing you can aim. Berserkers are fun to use too, (Super fast RoF)

4. Rocket Launchers suck. But that's just my opinion.
    http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o482/Lukezordz94/LollipopLukezordz-1.jpg
    Come join the Lockbox Data collection Project!
    Official Thread|Submit results!|View collected data!

Quote Originally Posted by Yenah View Post
    So, I've recently been wondering a few things about weapon damage and XP, and would love it if somebody could enlighten me on these things--

1. When I deal damage with a nano effect does that count as weapon damage, or is that lost damage?

2. Do Infector bugs count as weapon damage, therefore, weapon XP, or is it like the above?

3. I see people constantly complaining about shotguns in general, yet nobody points to a single shotgun model.. Which one is this all-powerful god-maker? I just got done grinding out my 5k combat shotty kills, it was a pain!

4. Are Rocket Launchers really as bad as I feel they are?

Hope somebody can answer some, or all of these questions, especially the first two
    Thanks, and have a good night ^_^
    From what I have read and seen with my own tests, only the primary damage adds to XP. So if you fire a rocket that explodes and launches 5 more rockets, you only get weapon XP for the first explosion and none of the rest.

This is one of the reasons it is so hard to get infectors and BMGs up, the bugs and links are adding nothing.

As for shotguns, I love my combat shotgun for when something gets in my face, crazy high close range DPS. I like the double barrel for when I am using cloak, the damage boost when first firing can make it a one shot kill on most mobs.

For the most part I see only one use for rocket launchers and that is to knock the guys with shields down so I can get a few shots in with a better weapon and kill them. Other than that... A waste of a 2nd weapon IMHO. (Even there a grenade launcher is a better bet most of the time.)

3 - shotgun complains came from PvP, as sawed off sg was (and still are after dmg nerf) able to 1shot others from cloak, now in PvP are mostly used pump shotguns. If u need good combat chotgun for 5000 kills, go for clustershot (800dmg small radius grenades) and dont be afraind throw in +mag mod that can be bought for 500 in many shops.

4 - most rocket launchers sux, if u need decent rocket launcher, go for those with clusters.

Well that explains why my mass cannon hasnt' earned any exp..which is gonna mean it will never level up due to the use of it since the single rocket does little to no damage it seems. Which I feel is rather stupid , why make a rocket launcher you will hardly be able to level up. I have killed like 2 dozen people with it in pvp and numerous mobs in clusters with it and even shot some in the face without meaning to and no exp on it..kinda sucks..they should address such issues.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezordz View Post
    1 + 2: I'll put it as simple as I can, if a weapon deals damage, you gain weapon XP. Same is true for healing with a BMG.

3: I use combat shotguns mostly, I find cluster shots own in lots of areas providing you can aim. Berserkers are fun to use too, (Super fast RoF)

4. Rocket Launchers suck. But that's just my opinion.
    'Nade launchers, too.

BMG healing = XP?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    'Nade launchers, too.

BMG healing = XP?
    Really?
    I like the grenade launchers that let you set off the grenades when you reload. This allows me to mine an area and then set it off when the bad guys run over it. DPS still sucks, but at least it has a use.

And yes, healing with a BMG will get you XP. I found that I could hurt myself with explosives then heal up the damage to XP BMG. (Boring as all get out, but it worked)

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RatBastage View Post
    I like the grenade launchers that let you set off the grenades when you reload. This allows me to mine an area and then set it off when the bad guys run over it. DPS still sucks, but at least it has a use.

And yes, healing with a BMG will get you XP. I found that I could hurt myself with explosives then heal up the damage to XP BMG. (Boring as all get out, but it worked)
    I guess that's the green numbers scrolling off a player while you're right clicking a BMG at 'em?

Thanks for the heads up, it never registered.