+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Content?

New Content?

So does anyone have any slight idea on when we will be getting new content for the game? New areas or anything would be nice. I have been looking but all I keep finding is stuff that says the season pass dlc will be 10gb worth in size for this year alone and so many articles on this being transmedia

A bit too early for dlc content I would think. Of course the people that rush through the entire game playing over 20 hrs religiously straight wouldn't agree but that's what happens when you rush a game. They got a lot more fixing to do with the game than rushing out content. And no no one really knows when something will be released unfortunately because I am looking up if the season pass is gonna worth it not since they are mentioning people can download the content for free and do the new missions. Not sure how much of that is gonna be available to the free people compare to what the paid for people get though.

Well I have already red up on it all, the season pass dlc is completely separate from the stuff from the show. The stuff from the show is free for everyone. I just thought we may have gotten some stuff from it considering we are 3 episodes in. May just be wishful thinking heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Sethvirfireborn View Post
    Well I have already red up on it all, the season pass dlc is completely separate from the stuff from the show. The stuff from the show is free for everyone. I just thought we may have gotten some stuff from it considering we are 3 episodes in. May just be wishful thinking heh...
    We were supposed to have information around this time, but... nothing. The previous bugfix patch fiasco pushed back plans, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by KOLZ View Post
    A bit too early for dlc content I would think. Of course the people that rush through the entire game playing over 20 hrs religiously straight wouldn't agree but that's what happens when you rush a game. They got a lot more fixing to do with the game than rushing out content. And no no one really knows when something will be released unfortunately because I am looking up if the season pass is gonna worth it not since they are mentioning people can download the content for free and do the new missions. Not sure how much of that is gonna be available to the free people compare to what the paid for people get though.
    Ok we will stop those discussions about new content and rushing through the game once and for all.

I have been gaming since i've got my Atari 2600, and online since Everquest 1.
    Like all real gamers, i have played and tried hundreds of games over the years.
    I am someone that loves to RP as well, if there is a good community for that in the MMORPGs that i've played.
    So therefore i am someone who always took his time to play his games.

I love to listen to the musical score (Soundtrack) to watch the environment around, the details etc.
    And most importantly, i listen and watch ALL cinematics, and i follow the story from A to Z.

I did the same in Defiance, and played it the way i always play all my MMOs, and it is not a question of rushing through the game or not, as i completed the whole storyline in a bit less than 2 weeks of gameplay, playing every day and about another week for all the side missions playing with all my friends.
    It is a fact, the game is the fastest MMO to go through, outhere to date, and i tried them all.
    The map is the smallest as well, it is not our fault, not our problem, they released it that way and we all live with it.

Now keep in mind that Defiance is a Shooter 1st, and an MMO second, and not intended to be like the huge massive worlds, we all know from other games we all played in the past. It has been released as a small shooter 1st.
    It will become like that, in time, since Trion announced all the features of an MMO days ago, Example:
    Auction house, economy in game, dynamic events etc etc.

So they will do it, they will make the game bigger and add all the content, but it takes time to do that.

A good trick, since the game has no monthly fees anyway, just log in everyday to check what is new, do your new pursuits, and the new events, and then play something else. There is a lot of new MMORPGs outhere with tons of content.
    That way it gives them time to work on the game here, and you won't have to watch the ceiling while they work on it.

No time to ride the line!

Who said anything about rushing through the game? I was wanting info on it like it was being said we would have by now, and I kept reading about a "big update" for the 29th of April which didn't end up happening. I just would like some new content from the show.

So no we won't stop any discussions about new content and that whole big spiel about games because it was not helpful in the slightest to what the thread was actually asking

with the issues deploying the first major patch. I think they are taking their time with the next big one. so it doesn't Bork our xboxs agsin
    Want to know when the Next DLC drops? See below

Quote Originally Posted by KOLZ View Post
    they could at least put out the mods for the modless weapons they have given us. The weekly content we were promised to get once the show started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzalin View Post
    Ok we will stop those discussions about new content and rushing through the game once and for all.

I have been gaming since i've got my Atari 2600, and online since Everquest 1.
    Like all real gamers, i have played and tried hundreds of games over the years.
    I am someone that loves to RP as well, if there is a good community for that in the MMORPGs that i've played.
    So therefore i am someone who always took his time to play his games.

I love to listen to the musical score (Soundtrack) to watch the environment around, the details etc.
    And most importantly, i listen and watch ALL cinematics, and i follow the story from A to Z.

I did the same in Defiance, and played it the way i always play all my MMOs, and it is not a question of rushing through the game or not, as i completed the whole storyline in a bit less than 2 weeks of gameplay, playing every day and about another week for all the side missions playing with all my friends.
    It is a fact, the game is the fastest MMO to go through, outhere to date, and i tried them all.
    The map is the smallest as well, it is not our fault, not our problem, they released it that way and we all live with it.

Now keep in mind that Defiance is a Shooter 1st, and an MMO second, and not intended to be like the huge massive worlds, we all know from other games we all played in the past. It has been released as a small shooter 1st.
    It will become like that, in time, since Trion announced all the features of an MMO days ago, Example:
    Auction house, economy in game, dynamic events etc etc.

So they will do it, they will make the game bigger and add all the content, but it takes time to do that.

A good trick, since the game has no monthly fees anyway, just log in everyday to check what is new, do your new pursuits, and the new events, and then play something else. There is a lot of new MMORPGs outhere with tons of content.
    That way it gives them time to work on the game here, and you won't have to watch the ceiling while they work on it.
    No, Trion did NOT announce all those features! They simply acknowledged that players had SUGGESTED all those features. Nathan told us that they would NOT all make it into the game. Thank the gods for that. Many of those suggestions would turn this lovely little shooter into WoW clone # 501.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

Yeah I really do not want an auction house or such in the game. I like Defiance because it is different, and I love the Borderlands style gameplay with it too