+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steam Beta? Pre-order Rewards?

I pre-ordered the game through Steam and was wondering if there is a way to get this game to download through Steam? (Even if it is just the beta) It's not too big of a deal, but it just makes things a bit smoother for me because of the convince with steam and it's auto updating while I'm not at the computer. The Steam pre-order says it gives a beta invite, but I haven't gotten anything from Steam. I got an invite email from defiance.com and can download the game from the site, but I'm just worried about Steam.

Also, is there going to be some kind of attachment that needs to be made to connect my Trion account to my Steam account, or is the Steam game simply going to take me to a log in screen where I would then log into the game with my Trion account? It just seems a bit confusing to me because of the reward system thing. The Steam pre-order gives a Phoenix sniper rifle and a dirt bike thing that I think are really cool. However, the defiance site pre-order gives a Justice pistol. Both give the Dodge Challenger I think.

How does the game know which rewards I'm entitled to and which ones I'm not? (I'll be happy to take all) Also with the "My Ego" system. I'm up to 92 codes now and I want those rewards more than anything.

I believe steam enabled the game's CD Keys, so just go to the game in your library and copy and paste the two codes into the apply code section on this site: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...summary.action. Afterwords it should show 'Defiance Steam Pre Order' and 'Defiance _______ Edition' in the applied codes below.

I wish mine would show that. I pasted my codes on the site and it shows that I have the deluxe edition, but still I have no beta. Aggravating.

I applied mine when I pre-ordered last night but under Defiance it still wants me to pre-order the game. I had no problems applying the codes from Stream to the account and they showed up fine. Doesn't show I even ordered the game. I would like to start the pre-install for the beta.

Nice their live chat is down also, no way to contact support to get the beta email for pre-order.

I also got Defiance Deluxe Edition Pre-Purchase: 69.99 EUR, but, i got no key in my email from Steam.
    What to do?

The keys from steam are listed on steam you enter those on the Trion site. We are still waiting on the email from Trion to download the beta. Seems like they are going to make a common mistake to send out the emails at the same time they launch the servers and than wonder why they will crash today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    The keys from steam are listed on steam you enter those on the Trion site.
    Sorry to say this, but, your wrong, there is no key what so ever on my steam. All it says is: i own a copy and game is open on 2nd April.

well i was gonna order off steam then i seen that this game must be under everyones radar as the preorder bar isnt even at number 1.
    just order from TRion Support the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptonius View Post
    Sorry to say this, but, your wrong, there is no key what so ever on my steam. All it says is: i own a copy and game is open on 2nd April.
    when you have the game selected if you go over to the side it should have cd key under links