+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If they Implemented 1/4 of the additions proposed, how long do you think....

it would take for it to all actually work? Say Open world PVP, and Action House, Mail, Raids and Crafting were introduced into the game, How long do you think it would take to:

A) get those into the game on all 3 platforms

B) have them working with at least an 85% success rate

im going for over 12 months based on other platform MMOs and other games in recent memory that have tried to add things that weren't originally planned. (or were they

That list would take them a decade, give or take. So those additions you listed would probably take a year or more.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Auction House and Mail system would torpedo the game, trust me on this. The rest can be done inside of a year if they skipped the sideshows (hellbug month etc)

Text chat was broken in the beta, and still broken on release day, and still broken now. And there's still plenty of significant issues like weapons getting lost, freezing and disconnecting randomly etc. How much faith could someone realistically have in them rolling out even a portion of that laundry list of new ideas in a timely fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilOps View Post
    it would take for it to all actually work? Say Open world PVP, and Action House, Mail, Raids and Crafting were introduced into the game, How long do you think it would take to:

im going for over 12 months based on other platform MMOs and other games in recent memory that have tried to add things that weren't originally planned. (or were they
    Considering their current rate of work and progress, maybe a decade. It's been 3 weeks since the last patch and when I looked at the patch notes posted today I laughed at how minimal there was done in that length of time.

What do you think they could feasibly get into the game this year (with bugs worked out)? Raids maybe?

Also do you think they are understaffed or is it working on three platforms is splitting their resources so thin?

Have you ever seen someone "wipe a harddrive" with thermite? About as long as it would take to recover that data.
    I'm Era (Account name: Strifera) on PC-NA. Friend me if you'd like in game or on the forums.

Honestly, their inability to fix any of the major bugs, you can throw any meaningful DLC/content out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilOps View Post

Given 5 months yet for push to talk for voice from complaints in alpha, Im gonna side with something closer to hell freezing over.

I think bank/storage would be relatively easy to implement compared to other features