+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    6

    Stand-Alone Patch Downloads?

    Hey there,

    Got a quick question that some of you may be able to answer better than myself, as I am new. Bought the game approximatly 14 hours ago, and after a clean, successful install, the updater continues to run into the "Patch Error" issue. I've left one of those open and opened a new patcher only to have it do the exact same thing.

    Any chance/info on some stand-alone patch releases? I am not the only one who uses my rig, and waiting on a patch that takes me close to 6 hours on 10Mbps is rather irritating... Along with the fact that it will only attempt to patch the very first one after release before crashing, or so it seems to me. Don't know if I am the only one who seems to be having this problem, and I don't know if there was another topic with almost/exactly the same issue, I'm just stating what I, personally, am going through.

    Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Archaic954

  2. #2
    Senior Member MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic954 View Post
    Hey there,

    Got a quick question that some of you may be able to answer better than myself, as I am new. Bought the game approximatly 14 hours ago, and after a clean, successful install, the updater continues to run into the "Patch Error" issue. I've left one of those open and opened a new patcher only to have it do the exact same thing.

    Any chance/info on some stand-alone patch releases? I am not the only one who uses my rig, and waiting on a patch that takes me close to 6 hours on 10Mbps is rather irritating... Along with the fact that it will only attempt to patch the very first one after release before crashing, or so it seems to me. Don't know if I am the only one who seems to be having this problem, and I don't know if there was another topic with almost/exactly the same issue, I'm just stating what I, personally, am going through.

    Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Archaic954
    The Support Center has many tips on Defiance Patch Errors as can be seen here:
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...tail/a_id/1511

    Some of the more frequest causes for this error, IMO, are to have security set too high in Windows or the router, your anti-virus settings, needed ports not open, and not launching patcher as admin.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

    The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    The Support Center has many tips on Defiance Patch Errors as can be seen here:
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...tail/a_id/1511

    Some of the more frequest causes for this error, IMO, are to have security set too high in Windows or the router, your anti-virus settings, needed ports not open, and not launching patcher as admin.
    I actually found out what the problem was. I was choking bandwidth while I was using the DL'er. Once I rebooted my router and restarted my rig, it fixed itself.
    "Listen Up! This is for all you new people. I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?!"

  4. #4
    Senior Member baelrusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In GW2 for now
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic954 View Post
    I actually found out what the problem was. I was choking bandwidth while I was using the DL'er. Once I rebooted my router and restarted my rig, it fixed itself.
    Remember you should always do that before a major or semi-major install.
    Steam ID: baelrusk

    "Excuses don't absolve one of accountability. Oneself alone is responsible for both their actions and their inactions."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts