+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaDest View Post
    Accuracy is related to the weapons ability to recover from recoil. A + number is good and a - number is not good. You're explanation is a nicely presented example of creating a meaning for a question without any knowledge what so ever. The stats photo is missing the bloom effect which is the weapons short fall is causing the reticle to expand ( bloom ) which decreases accuracy. Here a lower number is good and a higher number is bad.

However given the state of the game in general do you really think it matters? lol
    You haven't been on the Tech / Bug support forums much then. Currently anything that adds +Accuracy is a BAD thing. If you add a scope to a Sniper Rifle (+accuracy) it loses its pinpoint precision. Your shots will start straying left and right. At extreme ranges you'll be lucky to hit 1/6 shots. Additionally, if you compare a SAW with -Accuracy to a SAW with no bonus the SAW with -Accuracy has a tighter cross-hair (better accuracy.)

Therefore, your explanation is a nicely presented example of not knowing whats currently happening "in-game." The person you quoted was absolutely correct. -Accuracy is currently a good thing. +Accuracy is a bad thing. It doesn't matter if this was intended or not. It's how it currently is.
    PC: Clive Hawkins

Having at it with Ulrich under a bli'ear near Trealos, Draglotyzon.
    God Damn it! I've been spamming these forums for days now and people still aren't clued in! Dev responses here on the matter...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...o-not-use-them.

Edit: There, here's the correct link.

Can't find the trading forums? http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisp...rading-Post%29
    Wares Omnifarious! (My own shop) http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...rious-%28NA%29
    Just passing through ladies and gentlemen, like what you see? Then speak up.

weapons still come with -0.30 accuracy as bonus though
    No sleep, no dreams.
    No pain, no joy.
    In this state of unbeing I ask myself..
    Was I ever innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaDest View Post
    Accuracy is related to the weapons ability to recover from recoil. A + number is good and a - number is not good. You're explanation is a nicely presented example of creating a meaning for a question without any knowledge what so ever. The stats photo is missing the bloom effect which is the weapons short fall is causing the reticle to expand ( bloom ) which decreases accuracy. Here a lower number is good and a higher number is bad.

However given the state of the game in general do you really think it matters? lol
    No, Accuracy has nothing to do with Recoil. Recoil has to do with Recoil. Accuracy has to do with Bullet Spread (Bloom).

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre VonSnipes View Post
    I believe sniping in general in this game is broken which sucks cause that what i love doing most!

There is something wildly addicting about sniper headshots in this game. The repeaters (like one in op screenshot) are my fav guns by far, and saw lmg second. I dunno even tho the heads are smaller than most games i am so good. Like stupid good... Maybe the sensitivity of the game is perfect for me. Aand the registration of bullets is actually amazing. The hitboxes are perfectly fit, and if the npc moves their head the hitbox goes perfectly with it

So scopes are fixed now but what about the bonus stats on riffles?

Just dumped some stuff on this for the screenshot..

But the screenshot shows the -0.10 from the scope as well as -0.30 accuracy from the riffle bonus stat.
    Does this mean the tooltip isnt updated yet OR does it mean its a bad riffle due to accuracy reduction.
    No sleep, no dreams.
    No pain, no joy.
    In this state of unbeing I ask myself..
    Was I ever innocent?

Scopes are def fracked up. Took a blue vbi sniper rifle to tranquilty road set 25 meters from targets hit 9 out of 10 headshots 10 for ten body shots. I then atatched a marksman III with -0.30 accuracy i got 1 out of ten headshots 1 out of ten body shots. There fracked.
    Were done here.

Having at it with Ulrich under a bli'ear near Trealos, Draglotyzon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthan View Post
    So scopes are fixed now but what about the bonus stats on riffles?

Just dumped some stuff on this for the screenshot..

But the screenshot shows the -0.10 from the scope as well as -0.30 accuracy from the riffle bonus stat.
    Does this mean the tooltip isnt updated yet OR does it mean its a bad riffle due to accuracy reduction.
    It means your gun is 40% more accurate than a standard VBI Assault Rifle. Less room for deviation from the center of its cone of fire.

Can't find the trading forums? http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisp...rading-Post%29
    Wares Omnifarious! (My own shop) http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...rious-%28NA%29
    Just passing through ladies and gentlemen, like what you see? Then speak up.

Negative accuracy means the radius of the area your bullets land at is decreased.
    Which actually means that you hit MORE often.

Positive accuracy increases the radius thus making your weapons more inaccurate.

Couldn't they have just inverted the effect and left it as + Accuracy? probably create less confusion.
    Want to know when the Next DLC drops? See below