+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thinking of buying...Thoughts so far?

So,
    I popped into the forums here right around launch time. And I've been keeping a distant eye on it.

A little over a month after launch, how is it? Fun? Addicting? Does it have longevity? Are there things to do, or reasons to log in? I dont necessarily mean progression reasons, but are there challenges to strive toward...like defeating some big***** monster or something.

Is there any reason for me to drop the 50 or 60 bucks on the game now, or wait until its on sale again? I was thinking of waiting until it was at least 50% off...

WAIT!

/10 char/

Quote Originally Posted by cesmode View Post
    So,
    I popped into the forums here right around launch time. And I've been keeping a distant eye on it.

A little over a month after launch, how is it? Fun? Addicting? Does it have longevity? Are there things to do, or reasons to log in? I dont necessarily mean progression reasons, but are there challenges to strive toward...like defeating some big***** monster or something.

Is there any reason for me to drop the 50 or 60 bucks on the game now, or wait until its on sale again? I was thinking of waiting until it was at least 50% off...
    Definitely don't buy yet.
    There's tons of posts about many bugs and such so it's pointless to go into detail here.
    At the very least wait until after the next "working" big patch comes out to see how much is resolved. Then see if the price will drop (hopefully it should).

But you should at least wait a little longer.
    Steam ID: baelrusk

"Excuses don't absolve one of accountability. Oneself alone is responsible for both their actions and their inactions."

I'd say you should wait for more content to be released.

If you plan on buying the season pass, that isn't going anywhere either.
    Xbox Gamertag: I M Luffy490

"Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
    I say the darker the flesh, the deeper the roots"
    Tupac Shakur

"People say that if you find water rising up to your ankle, that's the time to do something about it, not when it's around your neck."
    Chinua Achebe

"Looks like another love TKO."
    Teddy Pendergrass

AS much as I enjoy playing, still, if you aren't already in the game, I would wait until they have addressed some of the bugs.

That said, there is adequate content to really keep you playing 2 weeks, maybe a month if you take your time and don't rush.

I do recommend it, but it will be a better game in a month.

Agreed with everyone else despite how much time I've sinked into it and the forums at this moment I would say wait it out a bit and see what happens.
    Seriousless - Putting the fun back into gaming!
    Come to my brothel for a fun time!
    Brothel for DLC!

I've had entertainment for a month for 60€, I can't complain. Shadow war alone was worth it. You sound like you want a game like Rift or WoW with longevity, end-game and chasing your own tail in the name of progression so you might want to play those instead.
    Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Bring a Rocket Launcher.

I'm in the other camp, if I had the opportunity to pre-order all over again I'd take it. I'm on 360 though, and there's really nothing like this on 360 (grind with your feet up, cat on your lap, proper couch-potato Shooter-Fantasy-MMO), closest game I can think of is Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer in terms of no loading screens, feet up, and getting your mitts on a Cerberus Turreted Vehicle is roughly the equivalent of trying to take and hold the El Presidio fort and giggling as you blast players to smithereens with the cannons.

Been playing everyday since release pretty much. More content than most $60.00 games, not much else out right now as well.

Some bugs? yes.
    Lacking content? Yup
    Lifeless world? a bit ya...

BUT, im havin a blast, and think u should buy for sure...

shame on all of you telling him not to buy, way to support the game sheesh....

its not like its unplayable, there are a couple of issues, and it has more entertainment value than most games at the moment. There are better games out there ya, but I would recommend defiance...

I guess I'll be waiting. When is this big patch scheduled to drop? Did they give a date and approximately what will be in it?