+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar

Freight Yard Update (Punching Sharks)

In patch 1.013 our team resolved major issues around Freight Yard that caused players to spawn into matches with other players being invisible. We also addressed issues that allowed players to exploit Freight Yard as they were completing the instance on their own. In patch 1.014 our team addressed direct issues around server crashes that caused players to get freezing errors and hard crashes that booted them from the instance.

But today’s re re release of Freight Yard has exposed a critical bug that we were unable to see until the map was released onto our live servers. The issue specifically revolves around Infectors. In short, a lot of you are using these awesome weapons, so much so that the instance was not designed to handle the amount of infection going on with 16 players. We have a fix for this, but it is a client side fix and not one we can hot fix on the servers directly. We plan to apply this update in our upcoming 1.020 patch that will arrive this month.

We appreciate your feedback and patience around this issue and we look forward to improving your experience in Defiance daily.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Not sure why this got locked. But post is unlocked.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Thanks for the very informative update!
    Defiance themed radio for your listening pleasure. www.ktamradio.com Streaming live now!

The Sam Skatch show Fridays @ 6pm PST/9pm EST
    Replays on Wednesday @ 5pm PST/8pm EST.
    Tweet the station @KTAMRadio tweet me @SamSkatch
    Taking requests!

excuses!!!
    I dont bite the hand that feeds me i chew it off at the wrist.

I can only access Freightyard through quick match, what's up?

Thanks for the update. Love the sarcasm, too. "...these awesome weapons..." Ha!.

Maybe a reason to look into why exactly so many people seem to use infectors. I guess if other weapons than infectors and shotguns were more viable...

Just saying. Anyway, good job. Would be better if we had an ETA for 1.020, but still. Good Job.

Although the fact the engine isn't able to handle infections on such a scale makes me not very hopeful for the Draw Distance - which is a major, major problem for people trying their hands at long-range combat (80 meter character model Draw Distance in the Overworld on Consoles is NOT long range).

I had hoped that maybe with the limited but spacious map, Freight Yard's Draw Distance would be an increase over PVE or Shadow Wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    In patch 1.013 our team resolved major issues around Freight Yard that caused players to spawn into matches with other players being invisible. We also addressed issues that allowed players to exploit Freight Yard as they were completing the instance on their own. In patch 1.014 our team addressed direct issues around server crashes that caused players to get freezing errors and hard crashes that booted them from the instance.

But today’s re re release of Freight Yard has exposed a critical bug that we were unable to see until the map was released onto our live servers. The issue specifically revolves around Infectors. In short, a lot of you are using these awesome weapons, so much so that the instance was not designed to handle the amount of infection going on with 16 players. We have a fix for this, but it is a client side fix and not one we can hot fix on the servers directly. We plan to apply this update in our upcoming 1.020 patch that will arrive this month.

We appreciate your feedback and patience around this issue and we look forward to improving your experience in Defiance daily.
    Are you telling me freightyard was once again pulled out before europeans had a chance to touch it?

Lets be realistic here, how many of these **** ups do you really think you can get away with before you entirely submerge this virtual titanic or perhaps I should say tritanic?

I'm so happy I didn't buy the season pass and I won't be buying any dlc for defiance. They can eat a cold hotdog with warm mayonnaise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

Please fix the things you can fix first. Then at least we would have some progress . *Most notably sniper scope mods and the reloading bug.

Sledge, i think the higher powers are telling Trion Freight Yard is not to be, why not disable infectors inside Freightyard and keep it in? Unless thats not physically possible?