+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Vehicles the New Cash Sink? What are your thoughts?

With the recent update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...700#post573700) it comes to either a shock or not so shock, that the price of vehicles have now doubled. The orange Dodge Challenger RT Hemi used to cost 15,000 scrip now costs 30,000 scrip along with many of the vehicles. It also made many of the vehicles become special offers instead of just purchasable.

Now, to be fair, scrip is rather easy to come by. There is also very little you can actually use for it. So, to me, it seems as though they are attempting to balance the flood of scrip to make a balanced economy. Maybe? Or they could just want to make all our lives one miserable waste (jk!).

What are your thoughts about the recent change?
    Miserere Agnusdei
    Lover of ducks and tall glasses of beer.

In-Game Defiance Store and Pricing Guide
    Follow Me on Twitter! @quackmagic or on Twitch TV! http://www.twitch.tv/quackmagic
    Listen in to the smooth sounds of K-Tam Radio! ERMAHGERD, RADIO!

As I have spent the vast majority of my scrip lately. (lock boxes, vendor specials, the two challengers I Didn't have) I hope I gather a metric ton of scrip before I find one of those new challengers
    Want to know when the Next DLC drops? See below

More than doubled.

The Runners at Iron Demon are 20k+ now if I remember right.

As far as my thoughts on the subject, here's a quote from a thread I started earlier about a growing trend of the Devs making changes without thinking about the consequences:

Quote Originally Posted by Xaearth View Post
    Why increase prices of vehicles? To bring more scrip out of circulation of course. (Or for the tinfoil hats: to drive people to the bits store, but that's for another discussion.)

Now, I find myself asking... How the hell is this going to bring more scrip out of circulation?

There are three groups of people in Defiance: the stupidly rich, the average player, and the stupid who made the stupidly rich.

Now the stupidly rich has the money to horde whatever they damn well please, inflating the prices of everything while the just plain stupid pay those inflated prices for orange items that are statistically equivalent to purples and blues that are selling for 1/10 the price. This in turn drives the prices up across the board.

Now the average player, who isn't willing to stoop to the level of gouging idiots for weapons that, quite frankly, aren't the least bit special, is left with only one option to stay in the market - being a penny pinching miser.

We are the few that say "Oooh, that's a nice vehicle skin, but I'll just wait till it goes on a special vendor sale, because I need every scrip I've got if I ever want to get something from the overinflated market."

Well the joke is on us.

You see, the stupidly rich had so much scrip that they surely bought whatever vehicles they were interested in before the price hike. The just plain stupid only care about rarity and looking cool so I'm sure they had their vehicles taken care of as well.

But those of us who didn't want to game the system, those of us who don't have the arkloads of scrip floating around or dozens of "meh" oranges we can pawn off to some clueless bloke, those of us who were saving every hard earned scrip for a chance at our "perfect weapon", we're the ones being affected by the price hike.

If you're trying to pull scrip out of the economy to reduce the inflation, this half-assed way isn't the way to do it, and your resident economist needs either a lobotomy or a pink-slip.
    PC/NA player seeking Scavenger synergy sniper rifle.

Yes, I adamantly disagree with the removal of key codes from all emergencies.

I reserve the right to take personal offense at anyone who disagrees with me, because I find blatant stupidity offensive.

Simply a not-so-gentle nudge towards the cash shop imo.. probably not selling enough stuff.
    | V.B.I. Operative - Check | EGO - Check | Alpha Tested - Check | Beta Tested - Check |
    | PC - Check | Preorder - Check | Game - OMG.. How BIG is that box!! Ultimate Edition |

Quote Originally Posted by Xaearth View Post
    More than doubled.

The Runners at Iron Demon are 20k+ now if I remember right.
    Yeah. You are right. The black one is now 20k. Honestly, I kind of like the price change. Now if only they would add in a pursuit for collecting all the cars.
    Miserere Agnusdei
    Lover of ducks and tall glasses of beer.

In-Game Defiance Store and Pricing Guide
    Follow Me on Twitter! @quackmagic or on Twitch TV! http://www.twitch.tv/quackmagic
    Listen in to the smooth sounds of K-Tam Radio! ERMAHGERD, RADIO!

I dunno, I bought the Nomad and never looked back. :P

I don't think in their mind they were thinking " We should make vehicles cost more so players can have something to spend script on".. it's more like " We should make it cost more so players rather buy Nomad and Bitz shop instead of those cars" <-- this method is really good against new players that can't even make 10k yet.
    XBOX NA
    Ark Hunter League Clan
    IG: Lemonade

Despite tens of thousands of numerous bugs and glitches, Trion's top priority of patch is nerf weapons and key-codes then punish, screw players with in-game currency.
    What a joke. It's just simply APB all over again. This game needs more at least solid 2 years of development.
    Currently, Defiance is not even in pre-Beta. We're paid for Alpha status video game.

Good thing i already have all the vehicles except the plum charger and the truck!

Quote Originally Posted by jjj0309 View Post
    Despite ten of thousands of numerous bugs and glitches, Trion's top priority of patch is nerf weapons and key-codes then punish, screw players with in-game currency.
    What a joke. It's just simply APB all over again. This game needs more at least solid 2 years of development.
    Currently, Defiance is not even in pre-Beta. We're paid for Alpha status video game.
    I have to agree with this. They have the resources and assets to raise prices in feeble and very obvious attempt to get people to spend money in the cash store but they can't find anyone on the dev team competent enough to fix bugs. WTF Trion?