+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clan Promotion

Clan Promotion

Does anyone have a great understanding of clan member status? This is what I know so far...

Clan Member Status
    - Recruit
    No special abilities

No special abilities

- Officer
    Can post message of the day under Clan/EGO
    Can invite new members

- Leader
    Can invite new members
    Can promote, demote members

- Founder
    Can invite new members
    Can promote, demote members
    Can promote Leader to Founder(demoting self to member)
    !!!CAUTION!!! If you select promote on a Leader, there is no approval process. It simply drops you to member and promotes the leader to founder. You've been warned.

btw. In the past I made comments on the lack of In Game Documentation only to be bashed with comments like "we like to discover features on our own..." "that's why theres a forum..." So, forum members... what else is there to clan promotion? And if you never knew about what I have listed... Glad I could help as I'm trying to take the aforementioned advice!

btw. In the past I made comments on the lack of In Game Documentation only to be bashed with comments like "we like to discover features on our own..." "that's why theres a forum..." So, forum members... what else is there to clan promotion? And if you never knew about what I have listed... Glad I could help as I'm trying to take the aforementioned advice!
    that's complete and utter garbage if others have said "we like to discover features on our own...", Trion imo and as well as others rushed this game out to coexist with the show. Little attention was paid to the text chat functionality as well as any INGAME Guide book/descriptions of how things work, like in other MMOs. The game is obviously designed for console players and i can only assume they assumed people would be using voice chat rather then text chat. I would much prefer a description if you are the founder of a clan, what the ranks have access too and when promoting a leader to founder, it should have a warning step not just be automatic, hence nobody in my clan is leader. I save that rank for the "warning step".

Im an officer in my Clan but cant not update message of the day, its only leaders and the founder can

Leaders can promote people to leader level with no vote, just instantly done. but cant demote or kick other leaders.

the founder can not demote or kick leaders.....

everything else is correct i think

tbh i dont see reason of being a member over a recruit there is no advantage

I wish you had the ability to name, add or take power, and also make more ranks inside your own clan as founder.
    I'm Dark L3gion leader... for I am one They are many and We are L3gion.

Join the Alliance

Thanks for these observations, I can add it as a guide on DD.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Quote Originally Posted by Mesohorny View Post
    that's complete and utter garbage if others have said "we like to discover features on our own...", Trion imo and as well as others rushed this game out to coexist with the show. Little attention was paid to the text chat functionality as well as any INGAME Guide book/descriptions of how things work, like in other MMOs. The game is obviously designed for console players and i can only assume they assumed people would be using voice chat rather then text chat. I would much prefer a description if you are the founder of a clan, what the ranks have access too and when promoting a leader to founder, it should have a warning step not just be automatic, hence nobody in my clan is leader. I save that rank for the "warning step".
    when the game 1st started i, by mistake, promoted and leader to founder and if that guy wasn't a good friend i would of lost the clan. so for the longest i never had any leaders in the clan. i'm finally at the point where i promoted one person i can trust to leader to pick up the slack while i'm not online. and she is always promoting people by mistake. it sucks that thats the 1st thing you see in the clan list on the top of everyone's name is promote, demote, and kick. I really think those options should be on the bottom of the list when clicking on a clanmates name in the clanlist in the quick menu

Pretty sure Leaders can be demoted by the Founder unless something changed recently. Also giving Founder to another Leader gives the old founder Leader status.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data