Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member CharmCitysKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    446

    How Can You Determine The Outcome Of A Game By The Beta?!

    Im sitting here reading some of these posts on this Beta (which I dont even have) and some of the things I am seeing is ridiculous. LOL...REALLY?! Graphics?! LAG?!? CMON People, its not even the game. How much is the DL for Xbox? like 5GB?! if that? And why are yall judging this game by its graphics anyway? The Walking Dead game won Game of the Year and it was a ARCADE point and click comic book selective story!! Cmon people...betas are released STRICTLY TO TEST THE SERVERS. THAT IS IT. This happened with Battielfield 3 years ago, it released with poor graphics, lag, ect...the game was released, you installed the Game and the HD patch and it looked 10x better. And one last thing...Its a MMO on a 7year old CONSOLE. If you were expecting this game to have the Graphics of Halo 4 and being on ONE DISC you have high hopes for way too much in life. That game RAGE was 4 DISCS and wasnt even a MMO. Didnt even have Multiplayer I dont think...

    SO DONT CANCEL YOUR PREORDER YET just because David Vondahar and Activision didnt put out a $15,000 budgeted Commercial for this game...PLAY THE GAME WHEN ITS RELEASED....If you dont like it after then, you can always sell it on craigslist...And BTW half the people complaining and saying they are canceling there preorder are probably children who there parents paid for the game for them anyway. So what do they care? lol

    Ive been gaming for 20+ years and I know something fun when I see it...With this being tied into a show, like the walking dead is (but there new survival game is just HORRIFIC lmfao so bad) it will be something DIFFERENT to play,,,I dont know about yall, but i am already SICK of playing Halo 4 and Battlefield 3.

  2. #2
    I'm right there with you on this one, Sick of all these same old games. About time for something new for console. Down with the haters up with the server haha

  3. #3
    Senior Member CharmCitysKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by VGxRedemptionx View Post
    I'm right there with you on this one, Sick of all these same old games. About time for something new for console. Down with the haters up with the server haha
    Im just sick of CALL OF DUTY!!!! I cant wait for the day that game goes down the drain. Its THEEEE most overrated game of all time after MW2. UGH! I dont even wana talk about how bad that game is and how much love it gets...I sure do HOPE and PRAY that This game (highly doubt) or DESTINY will be the CoD killer

    its all about marketing...i bet if these people came out with some IRL commercials and super fancy commercials like CoD does I bet my life on it that this game would be BOOMING

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    161
    It's very simple. Is the game fun? Absolutely. But it's also laggy as hell. To the point of being just unplayable. Is the game going to be this laggy at release? Who knows. It could come out day 1 and be totally lag free and stellar and I'll rush out and buy it. It could also take 2 months for the game to work as intended and have this 10+ second input lag for the first 3 weeks of the game. Currently I can't even complete a mission because it takes forever to get off my atv or talk to anyone. Just because the beta has lag doesn't mean the final product will. But it's an example of what could happen. And personally I'd rather wait to spend my $60 on a game I know will run perfectly than on a game I have to wait to play.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CharmCitysKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazykid View Post
    It's very simple. Is the game fun? Absolutely. But it's also laggy as hell. To the point of being just unplayable. Is the game going to be this laggy at release? Who knows. It could come out day 1 and be totally lag free and stellar and I'll rush out and buy it. It could also take 2 months for the game to work as intended and have this 10+ second input lag for the first 3 weeks of the game. Currently I can't even complete a mission because it takes forever to get off my atv or talk to anyone. Just because the beta has lag doesn't mean the final product will. But it's an example of what could happen. And personally I'd rather wait to spend my $60 on a game I know will run perfectly than on a game I have to wait to play.
    Wow its that bad? Well that was one of the MAIN reasons why no company excelled in a MMO for Consoles just simply because the processors cant handle it...Thats why you can only play 12 v 12 on Battlefield 3 instead of 25 v 25...Same thing with MAG for Ps3...didnt that games "MMO" thing flop too because of the lag? I have Verizon Fios Quantum with 55up/35down and im zooming. But not everyone has that so...Are there dedicated servers? or is it just ONE HUGE server?

  6. #6
    Junior Member Adventfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5
    Well considering there is less than 2 weeks til release I would have thought the beta would be less buggy than it is but even so, it is still a beta but so far i haven't been impressed with the gameplay or the missions so I cancelled my preorder and I'll wait and see how the final product fairs. The rest of you may have $60 or more to waste on taking a chance but I don't. Just because a lot of money went into a game doesn't mean it will be great or run smooth or be perfect. This doesn't mean I've given up on the game it just means I'm being cautious.

  7. #7
    If only half of the people who are posting understood the reasons for a beta they would buck up and participate to help the final product reach it full capabilities. Instead they are gonna cry and boycott the beta and it will only halt progress on critical tests during the beta

  8. #8
    Senior Member Krazee DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    562
    I will defer you to Battlefield 3s Beta....
    Showing off the art of video game and having fun: http://www.youtube.com/HDGaminLIVE

  9. #9
    Senior Member KyoKunChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    146
    I'm with you, I can't stand people complaining already on day one of the beta about how they think it looks bad? Like back in the day when I had to play games that was not on my mind, one because graphics were not that great anyway, and two it was all about the story and gameplay. Yes it laggy, it's Beta for a reason. Just play the game if you don't like it then go back to CoD lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member Price of Ambition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventfire View Post
    Well considering there is less than 2 weeks til release I would have thought the beta would be less buggy than it is but even so, it is still a beta but so far i haven't been impressed with the gameplay or the missions so I cancelled my preorder and I'll wait and see how the final product fairs. The rest of you may have $60 or more to waste on taking a chance but I don't. Just because a lot of money went into a game doesn't mean it will be great or run smooth or be perfect. This doesn't mean I've given up on the game it just means I'm being cautious.
    I dislike this bandwagon because I prefer to voice my own thoughts and opinions, but I concur.
    "Self-awareness: facing mirrors that pass through the universe, gathering new images on the way- endlessly reflexive. The infinite seen as the finite, the analogue of consciousness carrying the sensed bits of infinity"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts