+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New way to Handle PVP

Now I have noticed a lot of people talking about shotguns and infectors, along with cloaks in PVP and Shadow Wars. I have finally came up with an ideal to fix all of that and here is what the Devs need to do. They need to make it that every time you log into a PVP or Shadow War, that you spawn with a pistol and Assult Rifle with the exact same stats and no one can use any mods on them of any type.

Oh and let's not forget that when you log into one or the other you shouldn't be able to use Perks. Now if we did these few things, the Devs would no longer have to nerf weapons and everyone would be on the same playing field where it's all based off your skill. Now that I have said my two cents, please feel free to speak your mind. Good or bad I know a few out there will rant about how stupid this post is. So let the nice comments flows and the flamers rant and rave.
    When you're at the CORE of everything the universe is yours.

Recruitment Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2W55EkDHRE

First clan race video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9tDq0Xfsv4

Team Speak: corelegion.com:5295

That doesn't sound like PVP or any sort of fun at all.
    Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Barneys are those purple people who do not quite understand what is going on.

Just remove cloak from pvp.
    That would make things interesting and enjoyable again. The other skills are fine. Shotguns are not the problem.
    Just remove cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by rReves View Post
    Just remove cloak from pvp.
    That would make things interesting and enjoyable again. The other skills are fine. Shotguns are not the problem.
    Just remove cloak.
    Cloak isn't a problem at all, you can still see and hear people coming up on you.
    Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

And while we're at it they may as well make every PvP map a flat, open field with no defining features or cover of any sort, with bright white walls and floor, so that we can easily see everyone...
    ...What I am saying is I would rather not have a homogenized PvP experience..
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconi View Post
    Motorcycles in any form would be groovy. Sidecars would certainly be a plus. Sidecars with weapons? EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Atlas View Post
    Cloak isn't a problem at all, you can still see and hear people coming up on you.
    I doubt you can see invisible people and this games cloak is by far the most invisible I have seen in a PvP setting. As far as hearing people I don't think that factors into this game very much since most of the time the match is very chaotic so you won't be able to hear the one person trying to shoot you from behind through cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Misto29 View Post
    They need to make it that every time you log into a PVP or Shadow War, that you spawn with a pistol and Assult Rifle with the exact same stats and no one can use any mods on them of any type.

Oh and let's not forget that when you log into one or the other you shouldn't be able to use Perks.
    Yup, if they did that I would play PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by mbergeron View Post
    I doubt you can see invisible people and this games cloak is by far the most invisible I have seen in a PvP setting. As far as hearing people I don't think that factors into this game very much since most of the time the match is very chaotic so you won't be able to hear the one person trying to shoot you from behind through cloak.
    The only invisable people I have been killed by are the ones hacking. Every Cloaker I have killed or been killed by I can clearly see by the blur of the enviorment.
    And yes hearing them you can factor in, PVP is not JUST team deathmatch, it is also Shadow Wars.

I don't see a viable way to stop a cloak + shotgunner EXCEPT, making them a hell of a lot more visible. That being said, not so visible they can't getaway and people have suggested which I think is a great suggestion. Is to make it so that when cloakers are running they are very visible, when walking they are somewhat and when still not at all. This way shotgunners would actually HAVE to be stealthy otherwise a visually active player will spot you. Which I believe is how it should be played. You shouldn't be running into peoples faces with shotguns you SHOULD be getting them from behind and you SHOULD be trying to get the element of surprise not willy-nilly sprinting shooting eveything that comes close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenah View Post
    And while we're at it they may as well make every PvP map a flat, open field with no defining features or cover of any sort, with bright white walls and floor, so that we can easily see everyone...
    ...What I am saying is I would rather not have a homogenized PvP experience..
    Not even close to being the same thing... It's about showing your skill and not your gear. Players who game a few hours a week will be on the same level as those playing several hours a day. The only draw back would be in knowing the map as well as everyone else, but that is also a skill thing.