+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should weapons have their own XP?

Hey Everyone,

Just a theoretical question, something I've been pondering for some time now. Should weapons have their own XP? In other words, you have maxed out your XP for a particular weapon, now in order to continue to gain skill levels you need to select a different one. Sometimes, though not always, I have found it difficult to find new weapons to skill up with, since I have used just about every assault weapon I could find. Often times, I find myself using weapons I really detest just so I can get the next skill level. So, with that said, should weapons have their own individual XP limit, or should you be able to continue to use whatever weapon you want and continue to increase in skill? What do you guys and gals think?

No it doesn't need it, but it was put in to force people to keep looking for weapons. They did not want to use gear as a leveling reward but decided to use this as a way to force people to keep looking for gear as long as you wish to level the skill. Crappy way of doing it.
    To me it's like life why rush to the end, think there's somekind of cool raid waiting for us when we reach level (age) 65+ ?

Enjoy life don't rush it experience it, same with the game.

I think it should but not how it is working atm.

To level for example AR skill u need to keep swapping rifles to level it up, the level bonus is granted to every AR rifle.

Tho this is interesting and more correct than most people think (the more u use a weapon the better u can handle it) it is also kinda annoying.

What i think is that yes weapons should have their own XP but it should be bound to only that weapon so not to the weapon class.

So how more u use a weapon the more XP u get for that weapon. XP should be slower then now but u can use the same weapon and XP granted only affect that weapon. Every weapon level u get a bonus just like u get now but it is only affecting that weapon. If u use another weapon from other class or same class u start over for that weapon.

That way u can use the weapon u like, get XP for it the more u use it the better u get with it but its only for that weapon.

They need to be separate. Maxing out a weapon's xp should be a reward (new ability!) and not a punishment (can no longer use it!).

I like this system. It forces you to try out new weapons you might not have otherwise. If you come across a great weapon and level it's xp up, keep it, sure. Whip it out in PvP or against a boss you wanna down quick or battle you have trouble with. And there's only 20 levels, not horrible to reach with most weapon classes. Plus the loot weekend boost, you shouldn't have any trouble picking up free weapons..
    XBL: Rip Tha Ripper
    IGN: JonConnor
    Clan: Ark Hunter League

Quote Originally Posted by Riptharipper View Post
    I like this system. It forces you to try out new weapons you might not have otherwise. If you come across a great weapon and level it's xp up, keep it, sure. Whip it out in PvP or against a boss you wanna down quick or battle you have trouble with. And there's only 20 levels, not horrible to reach with most weapon classes. Plus the loot weekend boost, you shouldn't have any trouble picking up free weapons..
    Hey Rip, you do have an excellent point about trying new things. I can tell you that there are many weapons I have tried that I absolutely detest, on that same note there are many weapons I enjoy, but would never had tried unless I had to switch. I wonder if there is a way to compromise with this setup?

Trying new things should be its own reward. You should do it because its fun and because you want to, not because you're forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass Jack View Post
    Trying new things should be its own reward. You should do it because its fun and because you want to, not because you're forced to.
    This, I hate having to find another LMG to carry on leveling up that particular skill
    “Dominance. Control. These things the unjust seek most of all. And so it is the duty of the just to defy dominance and to challenge control.”

PSN id: EmporerEnder

EU Server

I am going to vote No. I don't like the weapon exp on a weapon idea. But thats just me.

In many ways I do like the weapon lvling idea, though imo it could have done so much better, look at Lotro online for instance, granted in lotro, lvling a weapon also increased base dmg but there are alternatives in growth for weapons.
    No sleep, no dreams.
    No pain, no joy.
    In this state of unbeing I ask myself..
    Was I ever innocent?