+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rolling thunder mods???

Hi I have bin buying mods caches, doing hot shots, rampages like nuts trying to find a mod that's not brutal or run and gun. the reputation venders only have Precision, Hard-Boiled, Prepared, Scavenger. I have been told many times that they are not in game atm along with Stalker, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Assassin, Quartermaster by the community, but sledge has said this on his twitter.

@sledgehammer70 where can you get assassin mods (eg assualt rifle) as I've not ever heard of anyone getting any in EU xbox

Mathew Everett ‏@sledgehammer70 26 Apr
    @Foxhound112 Synergy Mod caches and random drops.
    but what I don t quite understand is the part where he says random drops, because well mods don't drop in open world at all... so I assumed he meant from hot shots, and rampages but they seem to only give brutal, run n gun, and scavenger. Has any one actually ever got any of these mod types? because I have never seen any one with them, post on the forums trading them, even saying they have found one for bragging rights, and there is no info at all about them on the net other then they are not in game, but trion contradicts that by saying they are. maybe the mod caches are bugged and its something they should look into and if mobs are supposed to be dropping mods they should probably be looking into that as well since that is definitely not working as intended!

maybe they could go more into depth of the mods/ mods caches in there next blog that would be extremely helpful information and im sure the players would gain more from that, then basic information like how to join a shadow war, or how to use the salvage matrix, or how to buy new outfits from the cash shop . I know that basic information is extremely important to the new players, and maybe its selfish of me to want more in depth info about their game, but I do think it would fit in well with there how to use the salvage matrix blog if there was info about useful items to use in the salvage matrix. anywho I hope maybe some one from trion could look into this or provide a little bit more info on how it works getting them, or what ego trait to use to get mobs to drop mods, or tell us where in the cash shop we can buy the boosts to make mods drop. I know I would greatly appreciate it .

also people please keep this thread positive and don't degenerate it into a non-constructive discussion and please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times, even when you disagree with others.

thank you.

I'm convinced that he's being fed the wrong info because it's not the first time he said something that did not reflect the reality of the game we're playing. (I have noticed quite a few times that the GMS are given out dated information in their response to tickets so it's not a stretch to think CMs are getting out dated info as well)

The items simply are not there. After a month you'd think someone would've found one, right? you'd think those players that hit 5k or near 5k ego would've found one, right? one would think but the reality of it is that these items are not dropping, so it pisses people off when they see an official post that does not reflect what we're experiencing.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,000 - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO

I'm not as mad as much as I'm confused. I'm around EGO 1900, been playing since launch and I've never seen one of those mods or talked to another player who's seen one and can show an in game screen shot of it. I'm convinced they don't exist, or their drop is so small that none have dropped in the 6 weeks we've been playing. It's why he's saying other wise that confuses me. Not to mention he says he got an orange item through a random loot drop and I've never gotten, or talked to anyone who's gotten, higher than a blue. It's all very confusing. But one thing I do know, someone at Trion knows what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    I'm not as mad as much as I'm confused. I'm around EGO 1900, been playing since launch and I've never seen one of those mods or talked to another player who's seen one and can show an in game screen shot of it. I'm convinced they don't exist, or their drop is so small that none have dropped in the 6 weeks we've been playing. It's why he's saying other wise that confuses me. Not to mention he says he got an orange item through a random loot drop and I've never gotten, or talked to anyone who's gotten, higher than a blue. It's all very confusing. But one thing I do know, someone at Trion knows what's going on.
    I would like to speak with this person at trion! maybe its Nolan he does seem to know quite a bit about defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    Not to mention he says he got an orange item through a random loot drop and I've never gotten, or talked to anyone who's gotten, higher than a blue. It's all very confusing. But one thing I do know, someone at Trion knows what's going on.
    Could just be blowing smoke to build peoples hope. Seems easy for him to say but damn hard for 1 person from 1 of the 3 platforms to vouch it being true by getting one. I know RNG is totally random and luck based but seems I have a better chance winning powerball then I do getting a legendary from a random drop so maybe that loot table needs to be checked out again :-/

Well i do know for a fact that the scavenger mods do come from the mod caches (Minus rep vendor mod caches)
    I picked up 3 mods for Sniper rifles that have the Scavenger mod. (Now i just need to get a sniper rifle that has the Scavenger synergy and i'm all set. I still haven't seen one. And yes I did check the rep vendors No sniper rifle with Scavenger on it.)

Run and gun, And Brutal are the most common Mods that come from the mod Caches.

The others are anyone's guess. Sledge says they are in there but no one has posted saying they got them. That being the Assassin mods, Stalker Mods, Rolling Thunder Mods, ect. ect.. You get my drift.

Are they there? Probably
    Is the RNG working correctly? Dunno not one of the game programmers.
    Has anyone gotten one of the mods everyone is trying to get? Again no one posted saying they got one.

They are probably in the coding but the drop chance could be so small that it makes legendary's seem like common items.
    Xbox 360 Gamertag-Tango80
    Corvin
    Current EGO rating : 3125
    Co-Founder Clan - N.O.A.H.

I have a quartermaster mod and video proof if you guys wanna see it someone said its bugged though cause its not showing the bloom and recoil

Quote Originally Posted by Fiox View Post
    I have a quartermaster mod and video proof if you guys wanna see it someone said its bugged though cause its not showing the bloom and recoil
    Better post to show that it does exist. Right now many are still speculating. As with what someone else might say Pic or it didn't happen.
    Xbox 360 Gamertag-Tango80
    Corvin
    Current EGO rating : 3125
    Co-Founder Clan - N.O.A.H.

Warning it is SD quality so its not gonna be crystal clear http://www.twitch.tv/spikedapenguin/c/2268523

I have 8 mods 1 with scavenger, Seems they drop in co-op.