+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Contracts, Co-ops, Rushing through everything and complaining about the grind...

I want to start off by stating that I am an older gamer, I have been playing video games since back when Atari and other systems came out. I was playing PC games back on the very first PC's introduced for public consumption. So you could say that I have been into gaming a little while.

Secondly I would like to say that I absolutely love this game (call me a Fanboy if you wish, i really do not care ). There have only been a few games I have delve into such as i did with Defiance (almost ego 4100) despite the bugs and broken items within the game. I still rather enjoy playing it (I have faith Trion will continue to improve the game and add content).

One of the biggest issues i have had with the game lately can be blamed on two things, changes in game mechanics and the players themselves.

The mechanics of getting shared credit for contracts should have never been placed within this 'co-op' game. They removed co-op from the game doing so (I know, this has been discussed countless times). Now you have to be sure you tag everything possible or else risk getting nothing for performing an action (be it a co-op or mission in the open world). Its not to hard to re-run whatever it is to get the contract requirements but this should have never happened.

Now whenever you do contract work you are dealing with a ton of others doing the same thing.. Sure some of them realize there are others there and will tag the targets too so others can get credit as well but allot of times this just does not happen.

Often people will rush in, kill whatever it is that needs killed and leave and not even complete the event (allot of them will exit the instance just to join another to complete their contract work as fast as possible)

Trion should change the game mechanics to require you to fully complete an event before you get credit for the contract kills. This hurts most with coop maps. When a contract requires you to kill xxx in a coop map allot of people will just exit the instance once they get what they need (a good example is Scrapworks where you must kill Dark Matter, i was trying to complete that contract the other day and every instance I joined someone jumped the fence or I started half way through the event because the ones that finished their kills leaved the instance and i was thrown in the scrapper part of the event).

The youth of today just do not make any sense to me. Even my own kids behave like this. Every one is so rush rush rush, got to get as much as I can as fast as I can, forget about everybody else. I enjoy playing the missions, i never leave once my contract is met. I enjoy running through an entire coop map (contract or not). I have never left a coop map once, i complete it and enjoy them. If I am not going as fast as you wish and want me to skip over portions of the map so you may farm keys faster, then YOU should leave the instance and do this with friends.

I suspect that allot that are complaining about the grind and there being nothing to do that a good majority of them rushed and found every shortcut they could to get keys, get ego, etc as fast as they could. Its no wonder they dont enjoy the game.

Ok Rant over..

Yup, everyone who got bored of the <20 hours non-repetitive content is just a kid who rushes through things. Obviously we should be asking you how to play a game before we try it.

It takes a special kind of person to find the co-op instances in this game fun after even the 3rd run, nothing dynamic, nothing challenging, nothing of interest.

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Age has nothing to do with Defiance's problems. If you want to believe that obviously you will, but you're so very wrong about that.
    Currently playing: Warframe, Battlefield 3, Hawken, Rift.
    Anticipating: Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Titanfall....Cyberpunk 2077.
    PC Gaming Master Race Lifetime Member.

rushing/grinding sucks in all mmo's not just this i like to turtle through enjoying every aspect of the game wait for those rabbits to nap for a second then overtake to win the race but with defiance after that first patch the game became unberable, obviously i kept playing in hope the issues would get fixed but its almost 2 months now and every patch the game feels a little more worse for ware so i just look for silly things like scenery which catapults you into the air or ways out of the map

Joy, someone who uninstalled the game and a troll.

If you were to read my post you would realize that i stated that the issues were ones that " i have had". I will not even respond to the other nonsense.

I took my time. My patience is godly I must admit.
    PSN - AzureNyx.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryFire View Post
    Joy, someone who uninstalled the game and a troll.

If you were to read my post you would realize that i stated that the issues were ones that " i have had". I will not even respond to the other nonsense.
    I read your ramblings. I thought I was pretty gracious with my response. It was short and to the point. Your projecting, pal. Don't get all angry when people point it out. There isn't much substance to your thread anyway. You assume things about people you have no idea and present it as fact when in reality those "youth" are more likely adults constrained for time than kids who have significantly more time to fart around with boring tedious stuff. Yes, every single one of the cooperative instances is tedious and boring.
    Currently playing: Warframe, Battlefield 3, Hawken, Rift.
    Anticipating: Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Titanfall....Cyberpunk 2077.
    PC Gaming Master Race Lifetime Member.

Quote Originally Posted by pamoth View Post
    rushing/grinding sucks in all mmo's not just this i like to turtle through enjoying every aspect of the game wait for those rabbits to nap for a second then overtake to win the race but with defiance after that first patch the game became unberable, obviously i kept playing in hope the issues would get fixed but its almost 2 months now and every patch the game feels a little more worse for ware so i just look for silly things like scenery which catapults you into the air or ways out of the map
    I done my fair share of grinding (mostly arkfalls and roadside events, i did not grind things like mine 99, etc). The game has great potential it just needs a TON of TLC. I stick around in hopes it gets that. I am at the point i just do allot of silly things as well.

Some things just are becoming very aggravating to myself and i hope get addressed in some ways. Some things I know they cant and that's just because its a MMO and players will be players.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCell View Post
    I read your ramblings. I thought I was pretty gracious with my response. It was short and to the point. Your projecting, pal. Don't get all angry when people point it out. There isn't much substance to your thread anyway. You assume things about people you have no idea and present it as fact when in reality those "youth" are more likely adults constrained for time than kids who have significantly more time to fart around with boring tedious stuff. Yes, every single one of the cooperative instances is tedious and boring.
    Troll #2 Present. Thanks for your feedback.

My only issue with this game in content, I love the idea, I love the mechanics, I just wish it was more social and had more content. As I have repeatedly said, if we are to measure level in EGO, give me enough content to reach that max EGO. Drive here kill the same stuff, dive there kill the same stuff has just got old. As for co-ops, I don't mind repeating them, they are fun. This game is a huge grind and that I don't like. I understand the idea behind grind, but it is usually to obtain something other than leveling, at least in the games I like to play. I too am an older gamer, remember saving up that $99 (which was a crap load of money back then) to to buy my first 2600 back in the day, but the grind may prove too much for me here, hopefully they will address it.

As far as patience goes, I have 6 kids, I ooze patience, so the fact that this game is trying my patience says something.