+ Reply to Thread

NEED HELP! Bullet for a Bad Man

Hello everyone! I have tried countless times to do this mission solo but I just cant f***ing get it. If anyone would be willing to help that would be great. Ill be on at around 12:00 PM EST. Add me on Xbox Live if youre interested in helping. GT:x CoPYRiGHT

It is a solo mission so nobody is going to be able to go in and help you unless you let them log into your account (bad idea) and do it for you. Its actually fairly doable if you set up for it ahead of time. Read my guide here and let me know where you're having trouble, maybe we can help you figure out how to get past whatever phase is giving you the most trouble. Good luck. http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ts-of-pictures)

An easy way to do it is stand behind the left cover piece farthest away from the boss and shoot so the little guys run at you. When they do melee them and shoot their backs. You can stand safely behind the cover and pick off the other enemies. Once he shields are down the fight gets really easy since it is just a normal blacklung fight.

A couple of people have put together guides to help people with this mission. The most entertaining one IMO is the first link by Dazz.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ts-of-pictures

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=bullet+badman
    Danger Zone!

Get behind a crate, wait for the smelters to come out and let them come to you. Melee them once to knock them down and put a single pistol shot in their tank. Get ready to shoot Joe, when they run under him and explode his shields go down for about 3 or 4 seconds. During that time unload on him with an LMG, preferebly a SAW. Keep repeating this until he's at half strength and comes down to fight you. Now use Decoy to lure him over towards Rosa and unload on him. If he turns his attention back to you dodge him until Decoy is ready, send it back over towards Rosa and unload on him with your LMG again. Keep this up until he's down. He's just a Blacklung with a lot of health.

Very few of the enemies in this game like a constant stream of fire, the SAW with mag extension is your friend.

I had a VERY tough time with this mission myself. For one thing, I am horrible about trying to place a single bullet shot in the smelter's tank on the back. I assume this is your problem as well.

I read a few guides online and put together a way I was able to do it.

On the right hand side there is a spot that allows you to take cover and see the spot where the boss is without getting shot. (I believe the area you hide behind has a pipe on the right to it so there is a small viewing spot) From there, you cannot get shot from the mobs that automatically come in and start shooting. The smelters did not automatically run towards me. Some remained under the boss and walked back and forth until they realized I was there. I took this time to take out a sniper rifle and use the small viewing spot to shoot the smelter's tank.

When a smelter aggroed and ran up to me I used melee and, this is the important part for me, used a shotgun with an incendiary nano effect. I do not know if I got lucky, but sometimes it seemed that if the smelter just caught fire that they ran back to underneath the boss. But the shotgun gave me several chances (by the amount of pellets) to hit the tanks. I chose the shotgun in my inventory that fired the most amount of pellets. So, instead of having 1 bullet chance to hit the tank, I had 16 pellet chances to actually penetrate the tank and cause the smelter to run.

Use pyro grenades to light up the little guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker Jones View Post
    Use pyro grenades to light up the little guys.
    This is what I did on my first play through, and it works like a charm. I later read some of the 'guides' to this mission and discovered that knocking them over with a melee attack works well too. 2nd play through I tried that method, and it also works well.
    Danger Zone!

not sure if ya have one, but northstar flare pistol makes this fight so easy, ya don't eve have to be that accurate one shot sets their packs on fire each time

and just do as the guides say, stay behind a crate, I don't even bother killing the adds, I rarely had agro the two times I did this fight