+ Reply to Thread

How do I get to the main menu in game?

This might seem like a ridiculous question.. but I'm actually of the opinion that it's fairly ridiculous on the part of the game that I have to ask.

When I hit escape, I see options for in-game stuff.

How would I, from the menu that loads when you hit escape, get to the manu menu so I can logout and switch characters or something?

Currently the only way I've found of doing this is to hit escape. Then hold space. Then mouse over where I want to go and click.

This seems incredibly roundabout for such a critical function.

click esc then the ego button on bottom left. i think it was also F6

I find that a bit ridiculous. I have to hold down space (same as hitting ego button) after hitting escape just to get to main-menu functionality.

That's a serious interface flaw and I can only think that it has something to do with this game being designed for play on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpnova View Post
    I find that a bit ridiculous. I have to hold down space (same as hitting ego button) after hitting escape just to get to main-menu functionality.

That's a serious interface flaw and I can only think that it has something to do with this game being designed for play on consoles.
    I agree. I had to experiment with buttons to find the main menu. Almost wanted to close it using task manager :<

It's not very well labelled but all you have to do is hit F6 and click the exit game tab (or logout to character select). The other way is to click on the round ego logo in the bottom left of any menu window that shows it eg. character, skills, etc. No need to use space at all so I'm not sure why that's shown. Once you've clicked on that, click on the settings tab and one of the options is to exit the game (or logout to character select). Either way takes seconds to exit or logout the game so the problem is lack of labelling rather than functionality. In fact, that's the problem with the whole UI. It's easy to use once you've worked it out.

For me, I usually open chat and type /logout. That takes me back to char select screen.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

change key binds and move the F6 under Esc

another way to close the game down is Alt+F4

Quote Originally Posted by Lightvision View Post
    another way to close the game down is Alt+F4
    or you could unplug your computer

Sneaking my stupid question ITT: how do you drop items?