+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Problem With Defiance: A Noobs Input

I have recently been very surprised with what Trion has been doing to Defiance. It's not a good surprise either. This is a list of things that are wrong (in my unprofessional opinion), and a list of what I think they could change to make the game shine again. Even though it never really shined only had a slight glimmer of hope, anyways, here we go folks!

Issue 1: Defiance is to Noob Friendly.

Now here is what I mean. When a person who picks up this game for the first time can compete with someone who is 5,000 ego, there is a slight problem. Now let's look at this logically. Lets say you have been working a job for 5 years, each year you hope to an increase to your salary but low and behold each year it is the same thing. You've put 5 years into the company so naturally you would expect to be paid more than the 18 year old who has been working the same job for 2 weeks.

The same goes with defiance, I can put 5000 hours in and still get destroyed by some beginner with a shotgun.

Here is how I think it should be fixed: Every 100 ego levels the player chooses 1 bonus to their character. The bonus' could be Gun Damage, Melee Damage, Reload Times, Movement Speed, etc. I'm sure I could think of 1,000 bonuses but ill stop there. Each bonus is 1% and you cannot choose the same bonus more than 15 times.

Issue 2: Weapon Scaling.

I know there are due hard fans that love the way the weapon system works, that's fine, that is your opinion and your free to express it here but here is the problem I see with it. It's extremely discouraging. According to chance, I could technically start a brand new character, buy a lock box, get a legendary, and be set for the rest of the game. Now this is highly unlikely of course but it is still a chance. You may think what is wrong with this? Well think about it, for the rest of the game, you may never ever ever ever get another legendary that could compete. Sure there are synergies that may matter, but those are what I call illusionary factors. They are a way to get you as a player to spend money, bits, scrip, and salvage.

His to fix this: Allow players to upgrade the stats of a weapon once you have leveled it.

What I mean by this is let's say you level up a weapon, you can then spend this level point to upgrade the stats of a weapon by x%. This percentage should be random. If you have a high level in that weapon lets say your level in smgs is 20, well, now your chance of getting the highest bonus percentage is increased by 20%. This would also mean that a weapons xp bar resets and you can restart the process with the increased stat. This could be capped at 5 times.

Final Issue: Health.

This is something not very many people recognize as an issue. Health should increase with ego, it only makes since when you analyze it. See health is an issue because the way it is now, a player at 5,000 ego has the Sam health as a ego level 1 player. Now there is the bonus 225 to health perk but seriously? You do realize that, that is only a 1 shot difference with most weapons. With lmgs that's half a bullet. Health NEEDS to scale this way weapon scaling and ego scaling can coexist. War is time, time is precious, and and war of clones leads to the same results everytime.

How to fix this issue: Simple, 10% increase to health every 500 ego levels. I shouldn't have to e plain why this is beneficial but I will. This adds a curve, in every game I can think of health scales with leveling. What's fun about every single person in the game having the same amount of health? This isn't call of duty, battlefield, or halo. Not even close really. Health in pvp can be the same, I could live with that, we have shields that vary in numbers. But in pve/single player I feel as if it should definitely be something to be added. This way difficulty balances out, this way experienced players can counter the cluster ****s of enemies with dead aim accuracy.

Anyways tell me what you think, would love to have your input.

I like your solutions to the first and third issues, but I'm not sold on your fix to the second. Something does need to be done with weapon scaling, but your idea, if anything, encourages people to stick with the same weapons for their entire run through the game, instead of giving them an incentive to find a great EGO 5000 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZGM View Post
    I like your solutions to the first and third issues, but I'm not sold on your fix to the second. Something does need to be done with weapon scaling, but your idea, if anything, encourages people to stick with the same weapons for their entire run through the game, instead of giving them an incentive to find a great EGO 5000 weapon.
    Well exactly, as it is now there is no incentive to stick with weapons. A lot of people can level a weapon in a day and be done with it and scrap it. This way, you stick with the guns you love and want to perfect, and this allows your weapon to have a sense of personality. You can take comfort in knowing that there may be few people in the game with a weapon that's exactly the same stats wise.

Not only does it make a player want to keep the weapon, it's also giving players the want of finding another weapon and doing the same. Customize it to fit your personality outside of the bland modding system. That to this day I still don't believe has the diversity people expected.

3 views and the threads that have no constructive ideas or opinions get well over 100 pages... Shows how full of shtako this community is...

Quote Originally Posted by Adal8807 View Post
    3 views and the threads that have no constructive ideas or opinions get well over 100 pages... Shows how full of shtako this community is...
    LOL a bit full of yourself? Let me get this straight, the community sucks because they did not flock to your thread and say how wonderful it is? There have been many threads just like it, most with more constructive input, they have been read and we moved on.

The Simple answer is that Ranking and Ego mean nothing in the Defiance Universe.
    The ONLY reason I can see to get a Higher Rank/Ego is to open up more perk slots.
    Every weapon/grenade/shield is no better or worse the higher the rank/ego.
    You just get more perks.
    Oh and a few more missions/co-op maps open up.

Hardcore gaming died long time ago now its only casual and assisted gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by darnokfx View Post
    Every weapon/grenade/shield is no better or worse the higher the rank/ego.
    I don't think that's accurate. Weapons get more frequent and higher-tier synergies and inherent bonuses, while the stats on shields and grenades seem to slowly climb.

So basically do what every other MMO does? And let numbers decide the outcome of a fight over skill?
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA

Game actually is based around skill, not gear.

You want to change that why? There's just one answer to that, and we all know that one.
    [Hellfire Legion] - PC Europe
    Libera Te Ex Inferis
    EGO Do they have any good parts? I could use an upgrade.

The-Electronic-League - the resident Electronic music channel - Skype
    DnB-Dub-Minimal-Rave-Goa-Electronic-Techno-EDM-EBM-Ambient