+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hotshot: Reservoir Chickens...

This is whooping my *** something serious! Is there a trick to scoring or something I'm missing? I can't even earn a bronze in it haha
    Vae Vitcis

Well like all hotshots , sometimes it seems to bug and whenm you run out of ammo for the given pistol it lets you continue using your regular weapons. When that happens you can even use grenades on the swarms of chickens. Thats where the overinflated scores come from.

When working right the idea is to build up a multiplier by shooting chickens while avoiding killing any ranchers. Currently it seems like the chickens on the posts are spawning way to slow, and ranchers running too fast making it nearly impossible. They need to eliminate one of the 3 ranchers or make chickens spawn more then 2 posts in front of the running guys or something

I think they've made some changes to this as it appears waaay harder to do now (without cheating that is) than it was in previous attempts when I've done it.

The spawn rates have either been lowered, and the proximity of the chicken spawns to the farmers appears to be a lot closer making it incredibly difficult to keep the multiplier up to anything worthwhile.

Just tried it several times and not even got to bronze yet.. frankly imo it's currently irritating rather than entertaining/fun!

I almost got a bronze once. Ran out of chickens to keep multiplier up. I think the highest multiplier I got was maybe 7 or 8 by just spam shooting the flock.

Figured there was a bug, exploit or something that allowed people to score 30K on it.

It can be kind of difficult but the key is to keep your multiplier going by watching for the 1 chicken that spawns on the ground every 20 seconds or so. You kind of have to get the timing down for when your multiplier will run out and manage to go between shooting a few chickens on the fence when you can, and if theres none on the fence hold off until the last couple seconds before your multiplier wears off and shoot that 1 that spawns on the ground. That should buy you enough time to keep your counter going until you can get some more on the fence. Takes a bit of practice / patience to get the rotation down but it's doable.

I find that the trick is too ignore the flood of chickens... Take your time and only shoot those standing still away from farmers, this way turned out super lengthy but got the job done.
    As far as I can tell:
    - The event ends when you run out of ammo
    - The multiplier resets after missing 2-3 times (usually 3).
    - So far the score hasn't reset no matter how long in-between shots (for me at least)
    -You need almost every single shoot to hit and be apart of a multiplier to get gold

Hopes this helps =]

I probably did it 2 dozen times before i was lucky enough to get silver and still dont exactly know what i did differently.
    To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers.

Hint: Keep that multiplier up by saving the chicken on the ground for when the chickens on the posts are scarce (or just not there) and there's a certain payoff in some of those flocks that scatter around on the floor. Rather than firing into the mass, look for something that doesn't quite belong in that group and shoot it. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by EAST N2382R View Post
    I find that the trick is too ignore the flood of chickens... Take your time and only shoot those standing still away from farmers, this way turned out super lengthy but got the job done.
    As far as I can tell:
    - The event ends when you run out of ammo
    - The multiplier resets after missing 2-3 times (usually 3).
    - So far the score hasn't reset no matter how long in-between shots (for me at least)
    -You need almost every single shoot to hit and be apart of a multiplier to get gold

Hopes this helps =]
    I believe the multiplier resets after several seconds go by without shooting a chicken, rather than a number of misses.

Anyway, it's an annoying quest, and not really any fun. When it starts, just empty the clip into the air and, if it fails, try again. Keep doing this until it glitches and doesn't actually end. From there, just use your main weapons to take them out, and a grenade to take down the flock that shows up. You can do that as long as you don't run out of ammo, so reload before that happens. You only need a "silver" for the achievement.

Also, it seems to glitch about 1 in 5 or 10 tries so it shouldn't take too long to get past.

Quote Originally Posted by Resvrgam View Post
    Hint: Keep that multiplier up by saving the chicken on the ground for when the chickens on the posts are scarce (or just not there) and there's a certain payoff in some of those flocks that scatter around on the floor. Rather than firing into the mass, look for something that doesn't quite belong in that group and shoot it. Hope that helps.
    It's still way more difficult than it was in testing (latest build aside).. and I guarantee that for the most part (and judging by the scores in the 'top 3') most people are completing this pursuit by the known exploit/glitch.
    | V.B.I. Operative - Check | EGO - Check | Alpha Tested - Check | Beta Tested - Check |
    | PC - Check | Preorder - Check | Game - OMG.. How BIG is that box!! Ultimate Edition |