+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Senior Member JMadFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beckley, WV
    Posts
    698

    If you intend to play Defiance full-time....get a Chatpad.

    best 30 bucks you'll spend.

    or 19 bucks, if you get one used.

    Chatpad works perfectly ingame, makes communicating a lot easier when voice chat is not available.

  2. #2
    Member Hermit Grimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The middle of no where, Iowa
    Posts
    55
    Any old USB keyboard also works very well. Preferably of the wireless variety.
    GS* - Proud member of Gunslinger Gaming
    http://www.gunslingergaming.com

    XBL Gamertag - Hermit Grimm
    (if you plan to randomly add me, just make sure you add that you're from Defiance.)

  3. #3
    Senior Member JMadFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beckley, WV
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Grimm View Post
    Any old USB keyboard also works very well. Preferably of the wireless variety.
    yeah, USB keyboard work too.

    I find though, that the chatpad is a little more convienient.

    either way, some form of typing would be optimal.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Thee Apothecary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    600
    im getting a backlit keyboard

    For we make a stand for what we believe. You never fight this war alone.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but is it possible to type without pressing the show keyboard button? It's extremely annoying having to do that.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dunnomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michiganada
    Posts
    230
    Voice chat is way easier the typing and the full game will support this. On 360 specifically your going to run into more people with headsets then chatpads anyways. Go buy a 20$ headset in opinion it will serve you better if youre looking to interact with other players.
    "Thats no moon. Its a space station."

  7. #7
    Senior Member JMadFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beckley, WV
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzan View Post
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but is it possible to type without pressing the show keyboard button? It's extremely annoying having to do that.
    press enter, on whatever keyboard you are using.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Grimm View Post
    Any old USB keyboard also works very well. Preferably of the wireless variety.
    See if I stick the wireless usb detector thing in my xbox. How will I get it out. It is tiny and fits right in the hole.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JMadFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beckley, WV
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnomatic View Post
    Voice chat is way easier the typing and the full game will support this. On 360 specifically your going to run into more people with headsets then chatpads anyways. Go buy a 20$ headset in opinion it will serve you better if youre looking to interact with other players.
    Chatpad comes with a headset.

    I'm not saying not to voice chat. just saying, having a keyboard as well is a good thing. won't always have voice chat, I don't think.

  10. #10
    Senior Member CReaper210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Taylor, Michigan
    Posts
    181
    I use a keyboard. I bought a gaming keyboard for my PC and I now have my old keyboard I used to use with it before connected to my Xbox.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts