Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If I was Trion, I wouldn't bother with the forums at all.

Would you want to come on here to read non-constructive bs criticism? Valid complaints/issues aside, 80% of the posts on here are people complaining and then logging on the game to play more. Not only complaining, but never offering any useful feedback. It's not even trolling, it's worse. Next time you think you need to post your 'anger' step away from the the keyboard, go upstairs and tell your parents. They might actually comfort you. Trion is not only doing something that hasn't been done before, they are doing it on three different platforms. The game came out last month. Stop.

(Did I just reverse troll? Damn it. . .)

Game Over.

there have been many, many constructive posts, but yes, they are often buried under complaints
    Your Challenger won't drive? You're probably in the passenger seat.
    Can't sell/delete an item? Check all of your loadouts, it's likely still equipped.
    Auction house? Why? It'll just render bits purchased lock boxes pointless, and weapons are mostly equal anyway.
    Gear/enemy progression? No thanks, it'll only render 90% of the content trivial when you reach the highest zone.

They do it on purpose, to keep people with complaints from actually spending time in the game. ;0] Text bandwidth is much cheaper than video game server bandwidth.
    You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life.

I don't believe in anything but me and what I can do. Later.

Meta-complaining, how new and original...

That having been said, I've seen very little evidence to suggest that Trion does bother with these forums.

At all.

Says it all, really, and none of it good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grayson View Post
    Would you want to come on here to read non-constructive bs criticism? Valid complaints/issues aside, 80% of the posts on here are people complaining and then logging on the game to play more. Not only complaining, but never offering any useful feedback. It's not even trolling, it's worse. Next time you think you need to post your 'anger' step away from the the keyboard, go upstairs and tell your parents. They might actually comfort you. Trion is not only doing something that hasn't been done before, they are doing it on three different platforms. The game came out last month. Stop.

These forums aren't the MOST useful feedback venue for Trion to learn what people like or don't like about the game but they do server a purpose. And don't worry about the Devs having to wade through all of the crap looking for the nuggets. That's what the Community team does.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

At least they have useful posts like this one to read.

Yeah i can see sledge early every morning. Ok need two advil to start 4 hours later need another 4 Just to finish the day off without having a headache.
    When he get's home 1/5 of a bottle of whiskey some more pain killers and some downtime.
    An Ambien before bedtime then do it all over again 5 days a week trying to sift through complaints, troll posts, ect. ect.. Just to consolidate info that the dev's want or what they should hear. Because the community is in an uproar about something this week.

Just be glad he also doesn't do CS support i can see him snapping and going on a rampage. Heck does anyone remember whats his name the CM from the WoW shaman forums yeah i don't want to see that happening.
    Xbox 360 Gamertag-Tango80
    Corvin
    Current EGO rating : 3125
    Co-Founder Clan - N.O.A.H.

That's why I stick mostly to the lore folder, better to discuss fun things than the hundreds of complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grayson View Post

Im not even sure all of those complainers play at all. Some of them have an average each day of over 30 posts on this forum, since gamelaunch. How can they even have time to play? And i agree With you on Your post.

Their support ticket system is bad, their bug report feature is horrible (no option to upload a dxdiag file) and on the forums the devs/community managers pick and choose which threads to reply to. Personally I think they are trying to do good things with this game, but the tools they are using need to be cleaned and stream lined better.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6099394&dateline=1366  511466
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30GHz Motherboard:AsusTeK M4N98TD EVO Memory:Corsair DDR3 16GB (4X4GB sticks) Graphics:2X NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB in SLI mode OS:Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1