+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Do these forums

  1. #1
    Senior Member fmarin83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    112

    Do these forums

    Have the option to turn on a like/dislike option like comments from other websites? I read the forums daily and would rather like/dislike some of the posts than reply to every single post i have an opinion on. Sometimes the person before me hit the topic right on the head or i disagree. Just a thought out there that isn't about fixing the game.
    Clan Exodus
    PS3 - GT: NeVaDiE305 In-Game: Greyce

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    186
    I would rather not have these forums turn into another Youtube community. Oh wait......

    The last thing we need is fanboys blindly up-voting, or haters blindly down-voting because they're still stubborn and a post never gets read. This will give people too much incentive to just vote and never explain in words why they feel the way they feel.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Having at it with Ulrich under a bli'ear near Trealos, Draglotyzon.
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanirus View Post
    I would rather not have these forums turn into another Youtube community. Oh wait......

    The last thing we need is fanboys blindly up-voting, or haters blindly down-voting because they're still stubborn and a post never gets read. This will give people too much incentive to just vote and never explain in words why they feel the way they feel.
    Ding ding ding.

    Can't find the trading forums? http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisp...rading-Post%29
    Wares Omnifarious! (My own shop) http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...rious-%28NA%29
    Just passing through ladies and gentlemen, like what you see? Then speak up.

  4. #4
    Senior Member fmarin83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanirus View Post
    I would rather not have these forums turn into another Youtube community. Oh wait......

    The last thing we need is fanboys blindly up-voting, or haters blindly down-voting because they're still stubborn and a post never gets read. This will give people too much incentive to just vote and never explain in words why they feel the way they feel.
    You took my words outta context and turned them into your own grief. I never said, nor do i want for a up or down vote. Just like button because you cant even +1 on these forums. It says not enough characters.
    Clan Exodus
    PS3 - GT: NeVaDiE305 In-Game: Greyce

  5. #5
    Member Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts
    623
    There's another forum I use where you can give a comment a thumbs-up but there is no thumbs down. It doesn't move popular posts up the page or anything, it just keeps a tally of the thumbs-up a post receives on the post.

    It's pretty awesome honestly, it definitely cuts down on the need for "This" or "QFT" posts. It's also cool to know just how well your witty one-liners go over.

  6. #6
    Member Odessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,171
    It's a mixed bag. Sometimes I want to say something simple but feel as if "I totally agree" isn't really discussion worthy. Then again the forum is all about bringing it to discussion. I see a lot of people who seem to know each other well, which means the idea could end up being a popularity contest of sorts. I'm going to lean towards posts over buttons, simply because with a post you can elaborate why you agree or disagree.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kroesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    It's pretty awesome honestly, it definitely cuts down on the need for "This" or "QFT" posts. It's also cool to know just how well your witty one-liners go over.
    This
    /10char
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Pratchett

  8. #8
    Senior Member fmarin83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    It's a mixed bag. Sometimes I want to say something simple but feel as if "I totally agree" isn't really discussion worthy. Then again the forum is all about bringing it to discussion. I see a lot of people who seem to know each other well, which means the idea could end up being a popularity contest of sorts. I'm going to lean towards posts over buttons, simply because with a post you can elaborate why you agree or disagree.
    There are probably twice as many people on a forum that just view and never post.
    Clan Exodus
    PS3 - GT: NeVaDiE305 In-Game: Greyce

  9. #9
    Member Odessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by fmarin83 View Post
    There are probably twice as many people on a forum that just view and never post.
    I agree. I go over to the Off Topic forum, but it's pretty tight over there. It's fun to see the silliness, but I'm not one to jump in as if I'm Norm. The rest of the forum can be so negative at times. It's a shame. I loved it when I first got here. General game discussion while waiting for the server to be back up. Now it's a read, cringe, move on sort of thing.

  10. #10
    Member Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    It's a mixed bag. Sometimes I want to say something simple but feel as if "I totally agree" isn't really discussion worthy. Then again the forum is all about bringing it to discussion. I see a lot of people who seem to know each other well, which means the idea could end up being a popularity contest of sorts. I'm going to lean towards posts over buttons, simply because with a post you can elaborate why you agree or disagree.
    It can turn into a popularity contest, but it doesn't really matter that much since the thumbs don't count towards anything beyond being able to say "look at all the thumbs my post got. I rock!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts