+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lol, how do you control the vehicles?

I'm a total spaz with my buggy. How the hell are you supposed to drive these?

If you mean it doesn't move at all when you press your moving keys, you probably entered it from the right side. You need to go left side as you can have passengers in Defiance. Buggies are 2 seaters.

I'm talking about that 1st atv thing you get. I can kinda get it to go with w & s, but its harder than hell to control. Does it have brakes somewhere that I'm missing?

Sadly if you plug in a xbox 360 controller suddenly driving the cars becomes a breeze it was clearly designed for console not pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    I'm talking about that 1st atv thing you get. I can kinda get it to go with w & s, but its harder than hell to control. Does it have brakes somewhere that I'm missing?
    Yep handbrake (default is spacebar I think). You can see the keys in your settings options (F6 keys), there are 3 tabs : character, vehicle and menu.

Space is your handbrake, if that's what you're after.

Space Bar is the actual brake if you aren't using the reverse. Also with the W (forward), S (reverse), A (left turn) and D (right turn)as your basic moving controls...the space bar for brake and Shift for boost, there's really nothing else to know. Just spend time adjusting and you'll pick it up.

It would be a lot easier if PC version of Defiance vehicles could be steered with the mouse instead of 'A' and 'D'. Or at least allow the option in settings.

Sweeping the mouse over and over to turn around? I'll stick to A and D.

I'm with Ensu. I love the WASD character controls because I prefer using my mouse to camera around my character to look at the sides and behind without having to turn while moving. But in the end, we all play differently so not everyone will be appeased.