+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why don't our characters talk?

Besides our ego, why do our character just stand around and say nothing? We were people injected with the nanites for ego so why not talk? What Am I missing? The new dlc promises a new voice for our character yet we have no voice now

the ole Silent Protagonist man..that's all there is to it.

Why pay a voice actor when they can just make a character "strong and silent"
    GT: TrueGritDirt
    IGN: Hurricane Duke

Founder of the SJA. We specialize in Jumping Quads, Epic Dismounts and Hijinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    the ole Silent Protagonist man..that's all there is to it.

Why pay a voice actor when they can just make a character "strong and silent"
    They said something about being able to change the voice for your character with the new DLC. That would be mainly for emotes though.

If I can pick any voice my chick will sound manly.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boccher View Post
    Besides our ego, why do our character just stand around and say nothing? We were people injected with the nanites for ego so why not talk? What Am I missing? The new dlc promises a new voice for our character yet we have no voice now
    They decided to save on a voice actor for the protagonist in oder to put the money into actual game development. It was a great investment.

My character gets paid to talk - they couldn't afford her.

this game doesn't really need a speaking protagonist anyhow.. i mean.. BioWare took the cake with a player controlled speaking protagonist.. Commander Shepard!! Dragon Age: Origins the warden commander was silent..which was a bummer but in DA2 we got Hawke...

this game your charcter is nothing but a tool to get a job done...tools don't need voices. the eviroment doesn't hinge on what he or she says...hell it doesn't even recognise the character as a she when a female character is used lol....

People would complain about how the voices sounded and how they did not match their character. I played SWtOR and felt shoe horned into designing characters that matched the voice. It also can get expensive unless you have one of the people in house do the voice acting.

You will have people that want it and some that will think it detracts from the game. I'll be fine with them just having multiple voice styles for emotes.
    To me it's like life why rush to the end, think there's somekind of cool raid waiting for us when we reach level (age) 65+ ?

Enjoy life don't rush it experience it, same with the game.

this game doesn't really need a speaking protagonist anyhow.. i mean.. BioWare took the cake with a player controlled speaking protagonist.. Commander Shepard!! Dragon Age: Origins the warden commander was silent..which was a bummer but in DA2 we got Hawke...

this game your charcter is nothing but a tool to get a job done...tools don't need voices. the eviroment doesn't hinge on what he or she says...hell it doesn't even recognise the character as a she when a female character is used lol....
    Indeed! The best point of character being a tool is the amount of crap we take from Volus and still have to work for that raging d.ouche nozzle.

Makes me wish I had picked up that broom and just went all janitorial.

Quote Originally Posted by MagellanD View Post
    Indeed! The best point of character being a tool is the amount of crap we take from Volus and still have to work for that raging d.ouche nozzle.

Makes me wish I had picked up that broom and just went all janitorial.
    If that were Mass Effect i woulda triggerd the RT Renegade Option and just punted Volus down a mineshaft....

If that were Mass Effect i woulda triggerd the RT Renegade Option and just punted Volus down a mineshaft....
    It wouldn't have gotten to the R option. I would have just had a whole bunch of un finished quests.