+ Reply to Thread

Anyone know what Bloom does?

Any info on what this stat does?

It's how big your weapon reticle gets while firing. Longer you hold the trigger down the bigger the bloom gets. Reducing the amount of bloom (such as x0.95 is a 5% reduction in bloom) will make your shots closer to middle.

I'm assuming that the Bloom stat determines how fast your crosshairs expand when you hold the trigger down.

It's supposed to simulate Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbudman View Post
    Any info on what this stat does?
    I'm not sure and would love a better definition. My assumption was that it applies to shotguns and a lower bloom number is good, because it means your shots will land in a tighter spread and be more likely to have all of them hit the enemies body.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakX View Post
    It's how big your weapon reticle gets while firing. Longer you hold the trigger down the bigger the bloom gets. Reducing the amount of bloom (such as x0.95 is a 5% reduction in bloom) will make your shots closer to middle.
    it does this ^^

My interpretation of Bloom is it is Muzzle Climb. Many weapons have the line of the bore above the point where the stock meets your shoulder. During sustained fire this has the effect of causing the muzzle to climb above the original point of aim.