+ Reply to Thread

Toxic Shot Converter

I just found a 'Toxic Shot Converter' It supposedly gives shotguns the 'Toxic' ability, in the magazine mod slot for shotguns.

Ive heard rumors that this ability doesn't work anymore, is this a useful mod? Or is it something left over from Beta they forgot to take out of the game.

Thanks
    - Maggie

They work just fine. You can only get the effect if you slot it into a weapon WITHOUT a nano effect. If you put in one that has a nano it won't override the pre-existing one and you'll have wasted the mod.

AHHHHHHHH...... ok, thx Cav. I was wondering wtf was wrong with it when I tried to turn a sludge shotty into a corrosive one. Has to be a 'vanilla' weapon with no previous nano.. Got it. XD thx

WOW thanks Cav, I was gonna either reduce it to ark salvage or put it on a sludge weapon aswell. You saved me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie mae View Post
    I just found a 'Toxic Shot Converter' It supposedly gives shotguns the 'Toxic' ability, in the magazine mod slot for shotguns.

Ive heard rumors that this ability doesn't work anymore, is this a useful mod? Or is it something left over from Beta they forgot to take out of the game.

Thanks
    - Maggie
    Also for some reason you can't put them in VOT shotguns of any kind... which annoys me since all the best (and I use the term loosely since shotguns suck now) are VOT ones.

LV-426, Hadleys Hope Terraforming Colony (Vacation homes on Pandora & Promethea)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavadus View Post
    They work just fine. You can only get the effect if you slot it into a weapon WITHOUT a nano effect. If you put in one that has a nano it won't override the pre-existing one and you'll have wasted the mod.
    I actually posted a thread asking that the other day, and someone misinformed me. Had to destroy my weapon to get the mod back.
    If only you were around to answer me,lol.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...shot-converter. Ive deleted the pics but you get the point anyway.

And I agree, all my top picks are votan shottys for this mod. Sucks you cant use it on them

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I found a toxic mag converter for assault weapons, and put it on the EMC-XAR-22 I got from Nolan when he stole my loot.

Seems to work more aggressively, but not night/day, so it could be pure placebo.

But the color is nice to splash around, if nothing else.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main