+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierro Kai View Post
    I'm 1612 and my current gear is, better than 90% of the purples I find. Idk the reason for rarity... the need to feel special? O_o

Right now I have a blue - Auto Carbine (AR) and green OT pump shotty both syphon effects. Couldn't be happier.
    Off topic a bit, does anyone scope your ARs? Or do you just say F it and only worry about stock, barrel, and clip?
    I scope my burst ARs. Carbines already come with scopes.
    NA PSN: Archdemonz39

It's not that I am embarrassed to use them, I just find I end up collecting so many weapons I end up auto selling and scrapping whites and greens. Unless I am just leveling up a weapon then I just use whatever I have that isn't maxed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    You make it sound like you cant make it to the top half of the scoreboard without purples and oranges. Been there almost every match Ive played, orange? never. Purple? sometimes nades and shields, I switched my stuff alot as i went up in EGO used alotta whites and still owned. (for those who'll try to quote me, never used grenade launchers, infectors, nor any kind of fragger)

I have seen people around my ego level with crazy weapons that I can't beat unless I get the drop on them (im invisible and they are reloading or something), or it is at least a 2v1. They usually go 27/3 or something in FT. And they are almost always the same people with the same perfectly rolled and modded purple/orange.

Make no mistake, I support that they have put a lot more effort towards getting them PVP build and gear and hopes to get there someday. But reality is that when when two equally skilled players meet, the one with better gear wins.

Conclusion: Good gear is something to work towards and be proud of, as much as your own reflex/skill. If you can overcome gear with skill, good for you. Just note that there will always be someone more skilled and well geared so getting good gear helps when you meet them.
    US NA PC - Lucifer <You will be Assimilated> - EGO 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    I scope my burst ARs. Carbines already come with scopes.
    Ok, I ment which ever one was the auto, 300 one that looks like an AK-47 IMO. Carbine for me are 444 tho semi... anyways Thanks, I wasn't sure if putting a scope on, was a really needed. Tho, yes it does help accuracy. I just wish we had a say in Zooming, like other TPS. Like, you can still aim without scoping then hit a button (PS3 R3 stick) then you can scope. Hit button again, then it'll go back to regular aim.

"Irzu, keep my blade sharp, and my senses sharper. Make every shot find it's mark. And should I fall in battle, know that I fought with honor to the very end."

I'm EGO 2K right now, and the only time I use a green or white is when I'm leveling up skills or I'm trying out a certain weapon to see how I like it. All the rest I sell or salvage. I'm currently sporting 2 blue weapons in my loadout, with purple nade and shield.

Nope, cause white, green, etc are all the same damage. So whilst leveling I got with what ever I need to raise skills etc. This is probably the only issue I think needs addressing, cause it should be slightly better in damage etc for white to green to blue and so on.

Anyways once I am maxed ego I will go for kitting out in all orange for my own enjoyment.

Cheers
    Skia Dela'Mort - Defiance Gun for Hire.

To many idiots, So few bullets!

Quote Originally Posted by mattr View Post
    No...

Almost 3k and still use a green shield... green secondary... I'll worry about getting "good" gear when i'm 5k.
    By that time it wont even matter what gear you have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierro Kai View Post
    Ok, I ment which ever one was the auto, 300 one that looks like an AK-47 IMO. Carbine for me are 444 tho semi... anyways Thanks, I wasn't sure if putting a scope on, was a really needed. Tho, yes it does help accuracy. I just wish we had a say in Zooming, like other TPS. Like, you can still aim without scoping then hit a button (PS3 R3 stick) then you can scope. Hit button again, then it'll go back to regular aim.
    I have 2 purple full auto ones that I got around ego 200 that I still use and love. 1 has fire and the other radiation. I never put scopes on them, I really thinks its a waste.

Before the price drop on reseting experience on weapons, i used whatever I could get my hands on and saved purples for a rainy day. Since then, I have reduced my stock of spare weapons down to two of each type, that have the right bonuses & if I am levelling up skill. Blues only cost 4k ark salvage to reset, that's easy to get so why use green/white? Purples cost 10k, so they arent even outside the boundaries of reuse. Orange is just silly unless you rich.

All you people using weapons from long ago, you do know that they only give so much experience until they max out, and then you don't get weapon exp using them? Though it doesn't really matter if you doing pvp... or arkfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeintheshell View Post
    I would like to know from EGO 1000+ ppl if you feel little embarrassed to use white and green equips? I'm 2400+ and feel a little embarrassed using blues for that matter.
    Who's going to call you out for using white weapons? Everyone is so focused on themselves and who/what they're going to kill next I doubt anyone is taking the time to check out how people are outfitted. Even if they say anything just ignore them.