+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 89
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    198
    People really don't understand what "totally screwed" really means.

  2. #12
    Senior Member ironhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNeoReaper View Post
    This game will be pretty much dead after a month. Its sad really because the game is good but there are problems in the beta & there are already people cancelling there reserves based of it. I work at gamestop & 7 people alone yesterday cancelled on my shift alone. 1 pc 4 ps3, & 2 xbox .
    Problems? In a beta? Inconceivable!

  3. #13
    Senior Member ironhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    People really don't understand what "totally screwed" really means.
    yeah, I should've said basically screwed.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNeoReaper View Post
    This game will be pretty much dead after a month. Its sad really because the game is good but there are problems in the beta & there are already people cancelling there reserves based of it. I work at gamestop & 7 people alone yesterday cancelled on my shift alone. 1 pc 4 ps3, & 2 xbox .
    Everytime I've been in a beta I've seen the same thing.

    -Game Will be dead in X amount of months/days/weeks/years
    -X don't work pre-ordered canceled
    -Not what I expected X in game

    You really can't please everyone

  5. #15
    Senior Member Valethar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by ACReaper View Post
    my Question is will the beta client update to the retail launch client or will there be a different client to install meaning i should just Un-install the beta ready for launch ?
    You'll have to install the retail client. They've already stated that the Beta client will not update to release.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpbutler View Post
    So those picking the game up when Gamestop stores open in the Eastern time zone are basically screwed for the first three hours we own the game.
    When you think about it, it doesn't matter what time they open the servers, there are going to be people somewhere that can't get in right away, or have to wait until they can get their copy from the retailer.

    You're not being screwed at all, you're just bummed out because you have to wait.

  6. #16
    Member nathanpbutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NA (PS3)
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhands View Post
    Yeah, you're totally screwed for those three hours out of owning the game for life.
    Totally screwed for owning the game? No.

    Screwed in the sense that it makes picking it up at first availability rather pointless? Yes.

    Those particularly excited for launch day that decide to funnel that excitement into picking it up ASAP will find themselves unable to play, which is a definite downside to the launch time.

    No need for sarcastic prickishness.

    Cray Ellis: EGO 5900 (Really 5941 out of 5941)
    Player since the Beta / Clan: The Phoenix Guard

  7. #17
    Senior Member ironhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,838
    whether you're waiting for it from now until launch day, or pick it up on launch day and have to wait a few hours until you can play it, it makes no difference. Would you rather they didn't sell it for the few hours until the servers are up? Or would you prefer that they released it an a convenient time for you, and the west coast players won't have access for the first 3 hours because the stores aren't open.

    How about everyone in Europe who'll be waiting 6-9 hours longer than you? No matter what, someone will be waiting, it hardly means they're "basically screwed"

  8. #18
    Member nathanpbutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NA (PS3)
    Posts
    1,101
    I would expect that they would be sure to know when the first copies of their game will hit retail and make sure that the servers are up and ready at that time. By your argument, it would be fine for them to just wait until April 3 or 4 to have it ready to be played because, hey, they should not have to worry about when retail copies go on sale when determining when to have the servers ready.

    If there aren't going to be servers ready at midnight on launch day in the earliest time zone in which the game is being sold, then they should not allow midnight release of the game at any retailer, which is certainly something they could do. Or, at the very least, the retailers should be informed as to when the game will be able to be played, so that they can make customers aware of that upon pickup.

    Otherwise, launch day will be filled with people flooding the forum with "why the hell can't I play my game" posts.

    Cray Ellis: EGO 5900 (Really 5941 out of 5941)
    Player since the Beta / Clan: The Phoenix Guard

  9. #19
    Senior Member ironhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpbutler View Post
    I would expect that they would be sure to know when the first copies of their game will hit retail and make sure that the servers are up and ready at that time. By your argument, it would be fine for them to just wait until April 3 or 4 to have it ready to be played because, hey, they should not have to worry about when retail copies go on sale when determining when to have the servers ready.

    If there aren't going to be servers ready at midnight on launch day in the earliest time zone in which the game is being sold, then they should not allow midnight release of the game at any retailer, which is certainly something they could do. Or, at the very least, the retailers should be informed as to when the game will be able to be played, so that they can make customers aware of that upon pickup.

    Otherwise, launch day will be filled with people flooding the forum with "why the hell can't I play my game" posts.
    You've missed the point of my statement. If they had the servers up immediately when the first copy is sold in the earliest time zone in Europe, people in the west coast would either be forced to wait until the stores open, or, Trion would have to request that Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, and every other retailer to open their doors to sell the game when the servers go up. Trion has absolutely no say in what time of day the stores open, do you expect Trion to pay the retail staff to open the doors just to allow people to pickup their product sooner than normal?

    Trion has no control over when stores open, or sell the game, other than the day it happens. A midnight release is done by the retail store itself, not the publisher, they can't force a retailer not to do it.

    My argument doesn't go anywhere near suggesting that it's fine to release it days after the fact. I'm talking about hours. No matter how you work it out, someone, somewhere, will either have a retail copy that they can't play for a few hours, or, have access the servers but no physical copy. Realistically, it's probably better for everyone to have their physical copy before the servers go live if they're that hyped on playing the second the servers go up, that way, you're at home, have it installed, and are settled in and ready. Not a good idea IMO though, because everyone jumping on at the same time will create login bottlenecks.

    Currently, NOBODY knows when the servers will be made available, it may very well be 8am EDT.

    No matter what, someone will post "why can't i play" and "why is my progress from beta wiped".

  10. #20
    Honestly Most people are probably canceling, not because of bugs or server issues, But bc it doesn't take an astro-physicist to conclude there is no real depth to the mindless grind and it is NOT AT ALL the game they were expecting. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with overreacting to beta problems.. retail copy isn't going to have better weapon scaling between raritys, its not going to magically add a end game, its not going to make instances in the least bit relevant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts