+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Something for everyone buying or thinking about buying Bits to consider.

Have you stopped to consider that your Bits & Defiance store items are only good for the lifespan of the game?

All MMOs exist only aslong as their players and fanbase do so the situation for the game could change at any time.

At some point in the future, like all MMOs there may come a time that the Defiance servers close. If that were to happen, you would lose all access to any remaining Bits & Bit purchased items as currently the game is only available online on the servers that Trion provide.

There may come a time when Trion either choose to close the servers or are unable to fund the cost of running them. At this point, you would most likely not be compensated (even for Bits still on your account) and you would no longer have anything to show for the money you had invested in the game.

I'm not trying to put Defiance down or spread bad feeling towards it, thats the last thing I want. I just want people to consider what they do with their hard earned money.

And for anyone interested, personally I love Defiance & I have 1200 bits on my account at present.
    Nuclear Rubber EU

Gamertag - Chris Millsy 88

Ingame - Dax Mills

Best source of Defiance help: Trion Live Support Chat

I'm not giving them more money at all.
    It's not worth it. I Totally loved the outfits. any new cool ones that come in I can live without.

They are beyond earning my purchasing power until they get stuff right.
    I fear it will be far too long till that happens.

People Hit em where it hurts! they only fix things that cost them money and not your actual gaming experience.

STOP buying bits!
    your boosts don't work anyway.

I take that into consideration with every game I usually play that offers transactions sooner or later it will become pointless but the way I started looking at it is that: "For the meantime I will at least have fun with it if I have fun with the game and want to add variety to my barbie character then I'll do that. The money won't be wasted if I ultimately have fun and enjoy my purchase." Least that's just me and how I justify it to myself.
    Seriousless - Putting the fun back into gaming!
    Come to my brothel for a fun time!
    Brothel for DLC!

Quote Originally Posted by MagellanD View Post
    I'm not giving them more money at all.
    It's not worth it. I Totally loved the outfits. any new cool ones that come in I can live without.

They are beyond earning my purchasing power until they get stuff right.
    I fear it will be far too long till that happens.

People Hit em where it hurts! they only fix things that cost them money and not your actual gaming experience.

STOP buying bits!
    your boosts don't work anyway.
    Thats not the attitude I'm aiming for. I just want people to realise that in the long term, they could lose access anytime so they consider carefully.
    Nuclear Rubber EU

Ingame - Dax Mills

Quote Originally Posted by Christm77 View Post
    Thats not the attitude I'm aiming for. I just want people to realise that in the long term, they could lose access anytime so they consider carefully.
    Sorry that's the way I feel on top of your correct observation.
    This game can go at anytime. It's nothing real world I can take away except for in the game.

Plus I've sunk a lot of money in the game already. Bought two highest tier of bits at the beginning got my inventory items and a bunch of cool outfits for the game.

I hoped things would get better however they keep disappointing and breaking not small things in the game but core elements.

Why should I/We give them more money?

Its kinda how I feel with all of the map packs I bought for Battlefield 3 or Black Ops II....once the new games come out (BF4 & COD:Ghosts), I trade in the old ones & lose the $$$ i spent on the packs...&^%#^ Shtako

that is for any game I mean think of DLC and then the company doesn't support it and you lose your system or your system is stolen...

But then can you reuse theatre tickets? Ciggerettes? I mean seriously how much money do we actually throw away on something we don't need? Bowling night? REALLY? RENT a movie? come on man before you say don't throw our money away maybe you should stop throwing yours out.
    Xtag realmreaver73 Elric-zwo; Kastíthanu nevitso haryo banggos.

Quote Originally Posted by TIER ONE View Post
    Its kinda how I feel with all of the map packs I bought for Battlefield 3 or Black Ops II....once the new games come out (BF4 & COD:Ghosts), I trade in the old ones & lose the $$$ i spent on the packs...&^%#^ Shtako
    what a waste on throwing money at any game that has the 'madden' curse.
    Xtag realmreaver73 Elric-zwo; Kastíthanu nevitso haryo banggos.

Quote Originally Posted by Elric1 View Post
    that is for any game I mean think of DLC and then the company doesn't support it and you lose your system or your system is stolen...

But then can you reuse theatre tickets? Ciggerettes? I mean seriously how much money do we actually throw away on something we don't need? Bowling night? REALLY? RENT a movie? come on man before you say don't throw our money away maybe you should stop throwing yours out.
    I never said don't spend your money, I just said consider your options carefully, theres a big difference.
    Nuclear Rubber EU

Ingame - Dax Mills

Quote Originally Posted by Elric1 View Post
    Thats the thing. You can't really tell anyone else what to do with their money. They know fully well that they are in-charge of whatever wealth they have, and what they can purchase with it.

As far as spending money goes in Defiance, I understand what the OP's intentions are for this thread. However, the same could be said with most things in life. Nothing you purchase will last forever, so you should enjoy it while you can. In the end, it only matters if you've had fun and didn't regret it.
    Xbox Gamertag: I M Luffy490

"Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
    I say the darker the flesh, the deeper the roots"
    Tupac Shakur

"People say that if you find water rising up to your ankle, that's the time to do something about it, not when it's around your neck."
    Chinua Achebe

"Looks like another love TKO."
    Teddy Pendergrass