+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I've found some higher EGO weapons with slightly better stats. One I found is a sniper rifle and it even says it has +5 Mag size, and on a critical hit it restores 30% of your EGO power.

I'd assume as your EGO increases weapons will have more bonuses like these.

Just a note, but I have two grenade launchers with the EXACT same stats. The difference? One is a blue rarity for ego rating 150, the other a green for 300. So I think guns get better, but rarity also figures into it.

Have yet to find anything that compares to my 190 blue carbine, but... *shrugs*

@pic above - I was beginning to wonder what the point of colors were on weapons with base stats being so marginalized. I can see now its all about the extra effects that are possible.

After wasting 4000 bits between ego levels 100 and 300 in the ps3 beta I was really
    disapointed with the lack of difference/power in relation to ego levels.
    Im assuming now that if I want to buy a lockbox in the live version its best to wait until certain ego levelthresholds or I will be wasting real $ or time based resources..

Why use a box? Oh because they put an XP bar on your gun and you cant get better at it till you buy/find the same one with the same marginalized stats.

This is a trap for players. At least put Gun Type experience where it belongs. On the player.

Better upgrade slots, better upgrades, better base effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Feiv_Solo View Post
    @pic above - I was beginning to wonder what the point of colors were on weapons with base stats being so marginalized. I can see now its all about the extra effects that are possible.

After wasting 4000 bits between ego levels 100 and 300 in the ps3 beta I was really
    disapointed with the lack of difference/power in relation to ego levels.
    Im assuming now that if I want to buy a lockbox in the live version its best to wait until certain ego levelthresholds or I will be wasting real $ or time based resources..

Why use a box? Oh because they put an XP bar on your gun and you cant get better at it till you buy/find the same one with the same marginalized stats.

This is a trap for players. At least put Gun Type experience where it belongs. On the player.
    you also have to keep in mind that yo uare ego level 300..out of 5000. that's five thousand.

one should not expect massive changes at only 300

Base damage on a SAW (or any weapon for that matter) will be relatively similar to that of even a purple or orange of the same type. From White to Orange, the weapons BUILD on the previous tier by adding something.

When you get to green, the weapons add Nano-Effects and there are mod slots.

When you get to blue, the weapons add an extra stat (+Clip Size for example) AND you can add additional modification slots to it.

When you get to purples and oranges you start to add synergies, have more inherit mod slots and extra stats. These uber weapons might still have the same BASE dmg stats as a lvl 10 white, but will do significantly more damage/trigger more procs/perks/etc...

I honestly don't have enough experience to say definitively what more you get in oranges, but my information is accurate as far as I have tested for White>Green>Blue>Purple.

As far as Ego Lvl, there is no difference, that I have been able to see in a "stock" ego lvl 20 greens vs lvl 200 greens except that whites and greens become less prevalent as you advance in level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeb View Post
    As far as Ego Lvl, there is no difference, that I have been able to see in a "stock" ego lvl 20 greens vs lvl 200 greens except that whites and greens become less prevalent as you advance in level.
    because that's ego 20 to 200. out of 5000 total

that's like level 1 to..what...3?...in a 50 level scaled game.

Also...if items will have a class specific benefit, by which means can a player ensure they will get that specific bonus?

For instance: I buy a lockbox and get a purple AR with same stats as my green I got from the first quest I ever did...BUT...its got 5% less damage while reloading...BUT...its for another class and now Im sad.

See the problem here?

I know drops are player specific...but does that take in account for my class as well?
    Im trying to understand the incentive mechanics here. Any insight or dev statements appreciated. Thanks