+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arkfall Blast?

Arkfall Blast?

So I have a question, what triggers that blast during Arkfalls that pushes everyone back & wipes out all the enemies? Is that random? I notice it doesnt happen when I am solo at one. I wasnt sure what caused that...

Just certain DMG to the crystal.

I think every 6th of the crystal life it does that

Realistic answer: Every time a certain amount of damage is done it sends out the shockwave to kill the remaining enemies and push people back.

Science-ish answer: The arkfall crystal is the debris of the ships in orbit, when they drop into the atmosphere they burn up and melt into the crystal. It stands to reason the engine would be the most well protected part of the ship, so the crystal can very well be the engine core. With damage being done to the crystal, it leaks and causes a small explosion that is enough to kill hellbugs but not players with full shields.

ahhh i see....its annoying & seems to happen whenever i'm shooting at the exposed yellow weak spot.

its to show you on a new stage, it clears the stage and creates the next bunch of hellbugs to kill (I can't recall if it happens at claimjumper/raider mini arkfalls).

Do enough arkfalls and you notice the pattern. First stage is Skitterlings, then archers+skitterlings, then archers+skitterlings+warriors, then the elite versions (and sometimes blastpods), then depending on numbers at arkfall (or maybe even speed crystal is being destroyed), you also get a Monarch added to the mix. No point killing monarch as it just respawns again.

I just ignore them all and shoot my canker at crystal weak points. It seems to accelerate the process.

Use a wolfhound pistol on the crystal weak spots.
    It's the fastest way far as I know, to solo the minor sections of a major arkfall where you have to destroy the crystals.
    I can usually clear 3 minors solo in the time it take groups to do one.

I just dodge everything and shoot the crystal weakspots. Yes it's possible to ignore the mobs and do this if you have good situation awareness and roll as frequently as needed. Pop a few shots to tag the archers and warriors so you have plenty of ammo again once the 'wave' happens and kills all the enemies for the next wave.