+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

recommended weapons to lvl the skills with?

Here is what I am thinking atm but please correct if you think there is better.
    pistol: wolfhound - high crit dmg = high xp
    rifle: VOT blast rifle or regular VOT rifle? (i think its VOT or VBI)
    launcher: rebounder with the cascade perk
    sawed off shot guns: the explosive one lol with cascade perk..
    LMG: frontier saw? Great dmg if aimed well
    BMG: stingray - less dmg but spread out for higher xp overall?

and I am at a loss for others..

Basically you want to consider the highest dmg output of each weapon type as well as your play style.

For explosive types you want the 1500x3 detonators and mass cannons. The more dmg you do, the faster you level.

combat shotguns are making me cry
    Defiance 2050 - EU XBOX ONE | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom
    Defiance - EU XBOX 360 | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom

Personnally, I use what I drop, mostly. Here's my preferences, though :

- AR : FRC Assault Carbine and VOT Mazu.
    - LMG : FRC or Frontier SAW.
    - SMG : Tachmag Pulser.
    - Pistols : I have a preference for VBI TACC Autospistols.
    - Combat SG : VBI Autoshotgun or Berzerker ones. Avoid individual slugs ones
    - Pump SG : Grind and regular VOT Fraggers
    - Sawed-Off SG : Nano Fraggers and FRC ones (neat with Cloak, Pumped Up and Timed Out)
    - Detonators : GL-1 (in Madera Farms or Big Stone Reach)
    - RLs : AR2 Bonfire or Mass Cannon.
    - Infectors : Invader, INF-3 or INF-27
    - BMG : VBI BM-4 Stingray (Heal during Arkfalls)
    Too bad, it had such a great potential.

YouTube channel : DracianTheAndroid
    And still find-able on Steam. Currently dead on Origin.

- Pistols : A wolfhound is amazing against the St Quentin Hulker
    - Sawed-off Sg : Courrier is a very good choice with the hellbugs spawn in Big Stone
    IGN : Blanche Neige
    EU Server Pc

As has been said, More damage = Faster leveling. For my own opinion, Explosions are your friend!

Pistol - Northstar flare, great for lobbing shots at Monarchs or Hulkers, or crowds, and if its got a crit spot you can tag it with a near miss, and get the guy standing next to him too. (Mod with a +8 mag ot better)
    Hey did I mention it LIGHTS THINGS ON FIRE!

Combat shotgun - Leveling these wasnt a problem for me, as these were the weapon I piked up first and stuck with. But if you want to level faster, grab a CS-X and find packs of mobs. It launches grenades instead of pellets, and its full auto.

Sawed-Off - Use a Courier for the same reason

Just dont forget to switch to something else when the mobs get too close, otherwise you get caught in your own blast (been there, died from that)

Quote Originally Posted by Kibblehouse View Post
    As has been said, More damage = Faster leveling. For my own opinion, Explosions are your friend!

Pistol - Northstar flare, great for lobbing shots at Monarchs or Hulkers, or crowds, and if its got a crit spot you can tag it with a near miss, and get the guy standing next to him too. (Mod with a +8 mag ot better)

Combat shotgun - Leveling these wasnt a problem for me, as these were the weapon I piked up first and stuck with. But if you want to level faster, grab a CS-X and find packs of mobs. It launches grenades instead of pellets, and its full auto.

Just dont forget to switch to something else when the mobs get too close, otherwise you get caught in your own blast (been there, died from that)
    I agree with this on all accounts.

Using Deadly cascade and intimidation perks with these weapons make leveling sooo easy.

Also:

LMG: FRC SAW
    BMG: anything with +Links for crowds in co-op or Stingray for healing in arkfalls.
    SMG: VBI SMG/ EMC Commando SMG
    Assault Rifle: VBI TACC or VOT Mazu - Precision for Crits or High Fire rate for suppression
    Combat Shotty: Cluster is good but you cant go wrong with a VBI TACC auto/EMC auto-shotgun (Flat fan to hit more targets)
    Pump Shotty: Grind Fragger Hands down
    Detonators: VBI Grenade Launcher - 5 round mag, manual det, 1300 max damage.
    Rocket Launchers: Swarm Cannon or Mass cannon - Depends on preference of manual or automatic detonation
    Bolt Action: VOT Bolter - 10 round base mag
    Semi-Auto: FRC Quick Repeater or SS Ranger
    Infector: VOT Infector or VBI Immunizer

In-game name: Herrscher

North American Server

Quote Originally Posted by Kibblehouse View Post

This. Also remember Perks are your friends. Load in anything that adds damage. And always use Overcharge.

Do I also earn weapon xp from the burning damage of the Northstar flare gun or is it only counting the damage from the explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dehlert View Post
    sawed off shot guns: the explosive one lol with cascade perk..
    The explosive perks don't work with the CS-X shotty which I've tested (PC). I'm pretty sure they don't work with the saw'd offs either. Sad but true also dumb but true. Don't know if it's a bug or intended.

Also any shotty plus the Intimidation Perk is great. The VOT Fragger is the best for this perk since it fires two shots sequentially. The first one knocks back, the second one gets the +75% damage buff from the knockback. Some of the auto shotguns seem to fire too fast to get the buff (Berserker) which could be a lag issue. The server has to register the knockback first to know to apply the buff. If the shots happen too close together it seems to fail to apply the buff consistently. The VOT Fragger seems to have the right timing between the double shots to get the buff every time.
    Lear PC/NA