+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by METALPUNKS View Post
    Also why do people compare this games content to games like WOW and other mmo's? It cannot be compared for one reason and one reason only, LOOT! This is the only game ive ever played that doesnt have loot on the queued gameplay. Anyway i still have hope. Its not a total flop in my mind, infact i think the idea is genius, just poorly exacuted.
    So why do you continue to compare loot in defiance with loot in wow?

    And what is the meaning of such thread, do you really believe something will change till the dlc will be released?
    This game is not like wow, you are not forced to play, because of subcribtion and because there is no loot progression that needed you to beat that boss or that donjon to grind another donjon, etc.

    Now, if you really like this game, you should understand what it is, and that there will be no new content till all the dlc will be out, and you should be patient.

    Take this game for what it is, not for what you hope.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by c4l1d3n View Post
    If you're not having fun move on. It's the definition of insanity to just keep doing things over and over you have no interest in or enjoy. Like going to a 9-5 job!
    Actually that's not the definition.

    This is...

    Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. Insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms, including a person becoming a danger to themselves or others, though not all such acts are considered insanity. In modern usage insanity is most commonly encountered as an informal unscientific term denoting mental instability, or in the narrow legal context of the insanity defense. In the medical profession the term is now avoided in favor of diagnoses of specific mental disorders; the presence of delusions or hallucinations is broadly referred to as psychosis.[1] When discussing mental illness in general terms, "psychopathology" is considered a preferred descriptor.[2]


    What you're referencing is a quote from Albert Einstein. =)

    And official quote is,

    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    Do you pay a subscribtion that forces you to play?
    Interesting! What the fuq does that have to do with anything? No one buys an mmo just to soon after put it back in its case for later consumption. Ive played an mmorpg that had no subscription, but it was enough of a good game to hold my interest for almost 6 years! Played it everyday without fail.

    This game is not good enough to keep coming back to. More than likely if someone who had half a brain played this game and got bored with it a month or 2 after, then there is no amount of content this game can fabricate that will satisfy your average mmo hard core fan.
    Careful, you might loose this fight, Anne Frankly why does everybody have to bring up the Nazis?

    As quoted by Justin CarMicheal

    That's the thing-- they have the right philosophy, but they implemented it so poorly players can't see it. So they ask for other genres to get copy/pasted over.

    As quoted by Schwa

  4. #14
    Senior Member Muffins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    So why do you continue to compare loot in defiance with loot in wow?

    And what is the meaning of such thread, do you really believe something will change till the dlc will be released?
    This game is not like wow, you are not forced to play, because of subcribtion and because there is no loot progression that needed you to beat that boss or that donjon to grind another donjon, etc.

    Now, if you really like this game, you should understand what it is, and that there will be no new content till all the dlc will be out, and you should be patient.

    Take this game for what it is, not for what you hope.
    I pretty much always agree with what you say, when you post.

    But darn if that avatar makes it hard to read your post in some creepy, old red neck voice.

    [NA - PC] Muffinz
    Australian
    Ark Hunter
    Explosive
    fanatic!
    [[MyShop!]]

  5. #15
    Member Amone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    EU .. somewhere south
    Posts
    89
    defiance is my first MMo so I don´t really know how much change they normally offer, but doesn´t it lie within the nature of things .. and us .. when dealing with the same thing for a while you get bored from them, games are no exception..

    I´m still liking it ..

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    So why do you continue to compare loot in defiance with loot in wow?

    And what is the meaning of such thread, do you really believe something will change till the dlc will be released?
    This game is not like wow, you are not forced to play, because of subcribtion and because there is no loot progression that needed you to beat that boss or that donjon to grind another donjon, etc.

    Now, if you really like this game, you should understand what it is, and that there will be no new content till all the dlc will be out, and you should be patient.

    Take this game for what it is, not for what you hope.

    I was using wow as an example because some compared wow to defiance saying wow had no content. I could use any mmo to compare defiance with. My point is every other mmo i have played has serious loot and end game content, even at release.

    You cant sit here and say this game is full of content. Its simply not. If it were just a third person shooter then itd be awesome and the content would be perfect but this is no mmo. Its just not. In a mmo the game doesnt really kick in until the end, thats where the term end game content comes in.

    Let me ask you something. Why do you do the co op maps? If you answer with anything besides to farm for loot then its not a mmo. Look at games like destiny, there main focus is loot. In one interview they were asked if destiny would have a ton of loot and they answered "um ya this is an mmo, what is an mmo without loot dropping everywhere". I know i sound hung up on this whole loot thing but thats the main reason i play mmo's, thats why we all play. We are always searching for that next one peice of great loot. You have to understand sometimes in mmo's it takes a year of playing to get certain loot, even more with some games. In defiance they should of added really special guns to the rep vendors and then added rep to co op matches. I actually find the pvp to give me more reason to play, i love how they set up competitive play, great job there.

    One more thing. The level/ego cap is 5,000, it takes a while to get there. Thats nice but there is no reason to get there if there is no content to match it. There should of been content that opens as you go. Like when you reach 3,000, 4,000, and 5,000 ego a bunch of content is opened up at each on of them, giving reason to get to those points. Also they gave us the option to replay the story, a game plus mode. Thats nice but again they should of added better loot each time you progress.

    And dont even get me started on espisode content. What a mess. There have been a few tie ins but that one plague mission a couple weeks ago was the worst. Even i could of came up with better. Like maybe a timed mission where you the player is infected and you trying to make it to the launch the cure but your turning into a zombie so you have to be quick. Again why no awesome loot with these missions. Really a shield i see about 5 times a day?! Or a bio grenade that says special but isnt special. Maybe later down the road we will have better episode tie ins but when the advertiised it they made it seem like after every episode youd log in and find that the game world has changed and so on. Like i said it is all a great idea but it stops at that. I had a blast playing through the game but its a one hit wonder. We shall see what the dlc brings. If they do what they have been saying this game can be awesome by next year but by then most will be on the next gen playing some of the great games like destiny, titanfall an elder scrolls online. I'm afraid it may be a little too late but who i am to say. This is all simplymy opinion. Two weeks ago i would of never thought id be saying this. That said two ago i had just finished the campaign thinking id be hit hard with end game content. So thats all. Not trying to start anything. If anything i want to see this game be awesome for many years to come.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Not playing Defiance Yay!
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by MFin Rambo View Post
    Actually that's not the definition.

    This is...

    Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. Insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms, including a person becoming a danger to themselves or others, though not all such acts are considered insanity. In modern usage insanity is most commonly encountered as an informal unscientific term denoting mental instability, or in the narrow legal context of the insanity defense. In the medical profession the term is now avoided in favor of diagnoses of specific mental disorders; the presence of delusions or hallucinations is broadly referred to as psychosis.[1] When discussing mental illness in general terms, "psychopathology" is considered a preferred descriptor.[2]


    What you're referencing is a quote from Albert Einstein. =)

    And official quote is,

    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
    Thank you for saving me from making the correction, and or doing so eloquently. I have a feeling the poster found it quaint to adjust the quote to serve their message and in doing so destroying its meaning.

    As for the rest, OP why bother you have been here long enough. As my father would say it is like talking to a brick wall. The intellect of the wall is about the same too.
    Female gamer - geek - programmer who no longer plays Defiance and subject to censorship
    Join active fun clan "Nuclear Rubber" message saminator with your gamertag (xbox360 eu).

    ***~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~** ****~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~* *****~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~ ******~~~~***~~~~******~~~~***~~~~*****[/CENTER]

  8. #18
    Senior Member Blade of Souls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    285
    Hey mister 3,600 EGO. You've run the well dry, get over it and wait. Then again you're obviously into the whole grinding aspect of MMOs, and -now- you decide that you've had enough? I don't get it.

    I myself got tired of running the same instances over and over and over. I'm off playing some CoD, or NHL, or just not playing on my xbox. Thankfully it's summer so I can actually go outside. Take up a different hobby, and come back in a few months to (hopefully) some more content.

    Pursuits aren't content. They're busy work. All depends on if you like doing busy work for the sake of doing busy work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts