+ Reply to Thread

Do Detonators deliver "Critical" damage ?

I have a 4 mod slot Assassin Detonator which will give it Critical Multiplier bonuses, but does a Detonator even HAVE critical damage ? You would assume it did because "Why would they have an Assassin Detonator if you can't benefit from it's mods?" But then again, they have 4 mod detonators when it is impossible to fill all four slots being that Detonators do not have any Sight mods. So am I collecting Assassin Detonator mods for no reason ?

Yes i always equip the crit hip fire perk when using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf Bard View Post
    I have a 4 mod slot Assassin Detonator which will give it Critical Multiplier bonuses, but does a Detonator even HAVE critical damage ? You would assume it did because "Why would they have an Assassin Detonator if you can't benefit from it's mods?" But then again, they have 4 mod detonators when it is impossible to fill all four slots being that Detonators do not have any Sight mods. So am I collecting Assassin Detonator mods for no reason ?
    have you ever saw a detonator doing crit ( yellow floating numbers) dmg?

No, that's why I'm asking the question. Just Multi and Chain damage. But I have 3 Assassin Detonators. I just don't know why they would make em if you can actually get the bonuses.

I'm fairly sure they can crit, but they don't have a crit modifier/multiplier so a crit will basically just be normal "hit" in yellow.

Suppose someone can spank up a weakspot and confirm.

Yes, you can crit with Detonators, mainly by manual detonating when it's anywhere above their head (like with an Incinerator).

Edit: But yes, you are collecting Assassin mods for no reason. Just because a weapon has a Synergy doesn't mean it's worth using.