+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I us a Logitech F310 PS3 style controller. It was kind of a pain to set up until I realized that you need to tell the game that its in "X" mode not "D" mode on the back of the controller. And don't hit the mode button or it messes up the controls but still works. I prefer controller for driving around and the time trials. I'm still learning on how to use it for combat, some say its better for combat, but meh... Was nice in TERA, its a bit harder here to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippersnapper View Post
    So the pc version will support a controller?

Anyone know of a good cheapy controller? I will get one for Defiance if its -$40. I won't spend a bundle.

Ive never used controllers on pc games. I tried once and the reaction/control time was slow Aside from that, the last time I used a controller was during my SNES days.
    Yeah, Logitech F310 (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad)

Logitech F310 Controller works on pc, I used it in alpha

How to setup game pad

I personally use a Madcatz version of a wired Xbox360 controller without issue, while my wife uses a $25 Logitch duel stick somethingorother.

In case the OP hasn't learned how to get a game pad to work, it goes like this..

Plug in your controller while logged into Defiance.
    Go into the Settings menu with the F6 keyboard shortcut.
    Select Controls.
    Then ensure the Show Controller UI setting is set to ON.
    This will change your settings to show the gamepad mapping for the game.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1362/~/using-a-gamepad-to-play-defiance

I believe you can also get to the settings menu prior to starting the game.

This was researched prior to me even purchasing DEFIANCE. Personally, I can not play this style with a KB/M and I give props to anyone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander58 View Post
    I have a nice Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick or Logitech Extreme Wingman controller
    They are DirectInput devices AFAIR, so you need some Xinput emulator fo them to work with Defiance, like x360ce

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander58 View Post
    So can you not set up a joystick or other game controller on the PC version of Defiance? We really need to be able to use a joystick or another game controller on the PC version of Defiance!!! I have not found a thread on how to enable and / or set one up in the game? I cannot drive worth stucco(?) by the keyboard and why should I when I have a nice Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick or Logitech Extreme Wingman controller that I can use? Every other PC game you can use both a combination of keyboard and game controller together, so how do I set it up for Defiance?
    I purchased an Xbox360...microsoft made it compatible for PC...just plugged it in and away we go...no messin'

Use 100% for driving...50/50 with mouse for combat...controller in left hand, mouse in right...works a treat for me.

I use MotioninJoy and my PS3 Controller to play with out the need to bind keys as my pc sees it as a 360 Controller. So if you got a PS3 is a free good controller to use for various PC games or you can buy a Wireless device for your pc and use your wireless 360 controller

Another vote for using a Logitech game controller on the PC. It's the only way I play, ditched the mouse and keyboard a long way back for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrfxGuru View Post
    Another vote for using a Logitech game controller on the PC. It's the only way I play, ditched the mouse and keyboard a long way back for the game.
    How did you figure out how to shoot accurately with the controller? I'm still having issues with that aspect. Any tips and advise would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippersnapper View Post
    So the pc version will support a controller?

Anyone know of a good cheapy controller? I will get one for Defiance if its -$40. I won't spend a bundle.

Ive never used controllers on pc games. I tried once and the reaction/control time was slow Aside from that, the last time I used a controller was during my SNES days.
    If you have an Xbox 360, you already have a compatible controller. My friend uses the wireless controller on his laptop that he hooks up to my TV to play. The only thing you need is the wireless adapter ($12 from amazon - Xbox Wireless Adapter)