+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Infectors

Infectors

While I did manage to find one good blue one during the beta, I feel that infectors were the weakest guns of all.
    Especially with the small clips and non existant bulltet damages that have a 20% chance to sprout a bug. While im assuming the rarest of them would be quite op, the regular ones are hardly worth using. However I still love the idea and will stick with a rare infector during the real game, and a green automatic grenade launcher of doom as my secondary. What's your thought on infectors? Also, I think I was the only one to use them in pvp as they are quite effective against snipers.

I scored one early on, have to agree, it didn't seem to be doing much damage at all, but the parasite idea is great. Don't they also have a slow/snare component to them? I think they're probably more suited to a coordinated team effort, than a solo weapon, in the way a BMG might be.

only achieved 219 EGO in beta 3 but i got a good purple one
    most of the time it takes time to do mass damage in normal minion combats.
    in co-op it achieve me the lowest Damage in total....since b4 the lovely bug can hatch out the enemies are already dead.....
    but it is brilliant in Arkfall and boss combat as long as the target is single and high-hp
    basically it feels like a DOT style weapon which requires a lot time to do actual effort.

and it's a great tag gun to track cloaks and underground moving target if you turn the damages number on.
    The horse is one of only three appropriate subjects for a painting, along with ships with sails, and men holding up swords while staring off into the distance.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    While I did manage to find one good blue one during the beta, I feel that infectors were the weakest guns of all.
    Especially with the small clips and non existant bulltet damages that have a 20% chance to sprout a bug. While im assuming the rarest of them would be quite op, the regular ones are hardly worth using. However I still love the idea and will stick with a rare infector during the real game, and a green automatic grenade launcher of doom as my secondary. What's your thought on infectors? Also, I think I was the only one to use them in pvp as they are quite effective against snipers.
    This gun is one of the most powerful weapons in the game if you're up against a lot of targets in a confined space. Once the bugs kill their target, any left over bugs move to the nearest enemy. You can literally clear an entire room with just a few shots of an infector.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    This gun is one of the most powerful weapons in the game if you're up against a lot of targets in a confined space. Once the bugs kill their target, any left over bugs move to the nearest enemy. You can literally clear an entire room with just a few shots of an infector.
    sadly there is a maximum limit for bug-eggs on 1 target at the same time....
    and the bugs are quite slow, and sometimes they use Apple map as their navigation......
    sigh....hope they can buff it.
    The horse is one of only three appropriate subjects for a painting, along with ships with sails, and men holding up swords while staring off into the distance.”

I got to EGO 200 something but I never saw an infector.
    --Cassell

It might have just been the ones I have found, but did yours take 5 shots to spawn one bug? And have a clip size of 15-17? That's seems quite small and we have nothing really to help us in our ego's. If we had some kind of ego boost, like a larger clip or more bug damage I'd say it's fair but as of now every gun but the infector can benefit from egos.

If 4 bugs come out of a dead opponent, or a clip size of 25, I think it would be fair. Especially in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by cassell View Post
    I think they start coming at lvl 200

Quote Originally Posted by cassell View Post
    i use hale the bits on t4 lock box and only get 1 purple infector......

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    It might have just been the ones I have found, but did yours take 5 shots to spawn one bug? And have a clip size of 15-17? That's seems quite small and we have nothing really to help us in our ego's. If we had some kind of ego boost, like a larger clip or more bug damage I'd say it's fair but as of now every gun but the infector can benefit from egos.

If 4 bugs come out of a dead opponent, or a clip size of 25, I think it would be fair. Especially in pvp.
    i was overcharged with the extra ammo perk so i got around 20 per reload
    if you shoot all ammo at 1 target, there are only around 6 eggs will be on the target, which i think is a limit on eggs per target
    if the bugs can come from dead infected bodies that would be great..... i'm happy even it's just 2 bugs.