+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

X360 controller on PC version

I would like to ask if its possible to use x360 controller on pc version, cuz on pc as everyone know this game just look better and i got much more fps then on my xbox, so i would like to ask if its possible to use it on PC

Yes, the 360 controller is fully supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirlen View Post
    I would like to ask if its possible to use x360 controller on pc version, cuz on pc as everyone know this game just look better and i got much more fps then on my xbox, so i would like to ask if its possible to use it on PC
    It is, I played the beta with xbox controller - however the problems with xbox controllers and shooting games still persist. You cannot aim as accurate as you can with a mouse. Not even close.

There are things called rampages and hotspots, which relies on accuracy a lot, and you cannot do them with xbox controllers unless they changed them since I did the beta. In fact even with a mouse I doubt more than a small minority can even achieve gold in said events (think 5-10%) I'm fairly decent at shooting games normally but I couldn't reach more than silver in most of them after 10+ tries and even then I struggled to repeat the score. With xbox controller I couldn't even reach bronze.

Driving the cars and bikes feel a lot better with the xbox controller, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacria View Post
    It is, I played the beta with xbox controller - however the problems with xbox controllers and shooting games still persist. You cannot aim as accurate as you can with a mouse. Not even close.

There are things called rampages and hotspots, which relies on accuracy a lot, and you cannot do them with xbox controllers unless they changed them since I did the beta. In fact even with a mouse I doubt more than a small minority can even achieve gold in said events (think 5-10%) I'm fairly decent at shooting games normally but I couldn't reach more than silver in most of them after 10+ tries and even then I struggled to repeat the score. With xbox controller I couldn't even reach bronze.

Driving the cars and bikes feel a lot better with the xbox controller, though.
    can anyone confirm a generic controller (non-xbox or "xbox compatible") works?

Can't wait to PVP against the console kiddies that go the PC route and don't know how to use the superior mouse and keyboard #GamingMasterRace #We'reJustBetter #ILoveSteam #MouseAndKeyboard #YOLO #SayNoToDrugs

360 controller works, and probably the PS3 controller and if it doesn't you can always run it through motion joy's DS3 Tool in 360 compatibility mode.

Definitely enjoy my mouse & keyboard more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    360 controller works, and probably the PS3 controller and if it doesn't you can always run it through motion joy's DS3 Tool in 360 compatibility mode.

The PS3 controller is not natively supported though does work when emulated as a 360 controller through MotioninJoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post

I'll check that tool tonite, it won't violate any terms or look like a hack?

Quote Originally Posted by ironhands View Post
    I'll check that tool tonite, it won't violate any terms or look like a hack?
    No reason it should. It doesn't nothing to alter the game play.
    iRuin..Home of terrible poasting, forum trolls and In-game Hooliganism.

train yourself to use the mouse and keyboard. you will never be as accurate with a controller, and the aim assist on pc is not as good as the consoles