+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    The patcher patched, downloading the new patch now. Has been going for a while without resetting or giving an error. It is however downloading a LOT slower than it was before when it was having issues. It was showing 611 days to download for a bit, now it is showing about 4 hours. Will update if anything changes.

UPDATE: Still going, no problems yet.

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrimel View Post
    The patcher patched, downloading the new patch now. Has been going for a while without resetting or giving an error. It is however downloading a LOT slower than it was before when it was having issues. It was showing 611 days to download for a bit, now it is showing about 4 hours. Will update if anything changes.

UPDATE: Still going, no problems yet.
    Thanks for the updates
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    Thanks for the updates
    Just patched the patcher, now downloading, the loading bar has went further than it has ever gone before. Fingers crossed it makes it all the way.

Will update in the morning, need some sleep. Will leave it on overnight.

Sledgehammer, will we get any kind of compensation for this? This has made us unable to play for many many weeks and some of us months. Is there any chance of a free(or heavily discounted) season pass or an account upgrade (standard -> Deluxe etc)

So, THIS is what the Play button looks like...YAY!!! Though I am kind of hesitant to login and actually play, if the patcher was so messed up and all I could do was sit in the forums reading about other bugs, I am second guessing my decision to purchase the game at all. Seriously should have not taken this long to get it fixed, but the lack of communication on the part of TRION is downright sad.

Thanks for the updates
    I am downloading now its further than it ever was! have my hopes up ^^
    and i had a really weird bug saying i was downloading at -31200000 k/bs per second haha

Are you kidding me it still repeats itself

Thanks for the updates
    it is still repeating itself on my download!

The update worked for me Proarbiter. Was it completely starting over? With mine it would look like it did at times, but if you had been sitting there watching it the entire time, when it looked like it restarted, the bar would go back to where it was. It is a little hard to explain, but it seemed to download/patch like it did normally before, then every once in a while it would 'reset' and then actually patch some big file, which would take a while. I am sure that's not what happened, but that is what it looked like and the easiest way to explain how it appeared to me. Only thing I can recommend is to keep trying and good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrimel View Post
    The update worked for me Proarbiter. Was it completely starting over? With mine it would look like it did at times, but if you had been sitting there watching it the entire time, when it looked like it restarted, the bar would go back to where it was. It is a little hard to explain, but it seemed to download/patch like it did normally before, then every once in a while it would 'reset' and then actually patch some big file, which would take a while. I am sure that's not what happened, but that is what it looked like and the easiest way to explain how it appeared to me. Only thing I can recommend is to keep trying and good luck!!
    well thanks chrimel! i will try that but maybe its my steam i verified the files and it said 65 not good so i am redownloading that and i will do as you say just try it for a long time than thanks! i hope it will work..

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proarbiter View Post
    well thanks chrimel! i will try that but maybe its my steam i verified the files and it said 65 not good so i am redownloading that and i will do as you say just try it for a long time than thanks! i hope it will work..
    Let me know if it works for you. Having 65 not good files could be the reason.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

+ Reply to Thread